• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

One more question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

That last series was unbelievable.  What are you thinking on 3rd and 1 and you throw the ball?  That fade looked like total luck, like it was underthrown.  We were lucky to score at all.  Daniels is an amazing talent but we better get an o-lline or we will never win the BE.

I think the coaches did a great job until that last series.  I liked the focus on the run, it seemed to take them by surprise. :puke

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

After Mitchell caught the "fade route" pass on 4th down at about the UConn 8, I was surprised that we spiked the ball to stop the clock...why not just hand it to Ford again?  Was the spike with about 56 secs (as I recall) a wise play with 1st and goal from the 8?  We burned the down with so much time left..

I didn't understand why we weren't able to line up and run it.  Again, we scored, so I'm not trying to undo anything or excuse anything, just second-guessing that play if i may.

Was the spike the right call?  And I don't want to hear that "we scored - right play!".  You never know what might have happened play and clock wise.

Is that what you guys would have done?

i do NOT think we should have spiked the ball at all... it might have been a spur of the moment thing by BJD

After Mitchell caught the "fade route" pass on 4th down at about the UConn 8, I was surprised that we spiked the ball to stop the clock...why not just hand it to Ford again?  Was the spike with about 56 secs (as I recall) a wise play with 1st and goal from the 8?  We burned the down with so much time left..

I didn't understand why we weren't able to line up and run it.  Again, we scored, so I'm not trying to undo anything or excuse anything, just second-guessing that play if i may.

Was the spike the right call?  And I don't want to hear that "we scored - right play!".  You never know what might have happened play and clock wise.

i do NOT think we should have spiked the ball at all... it might have been a spur of the moment thing by BJD

It wasn't BJ's call... he looked to the bench, then signaled for the spike...

• Content Count:  640

Weren't there an inordinate amount of spikes in Sat's game? i.e., the spike on first and goal at the end of the 4th, the spike at the end of the second followed by the time out  ??? We ended up kicking the ball anyway  ???

I'm confoosed about clock management.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

I Dont think they wanted to see that play get reviewed

that was my thought

• Content Count:  4,879

I'm confoosed about clock management.

if there is an opening on usf staff this year, just put this on an app with your name and you're sure to get hired.

• Content Count:  236

well if the frickin' kick coverage didn't let them get to the farking 40 yard line then it would be moot.  or if the defense stepped up in the last 50 farking seconds of the game. 

/rant

• Content Count:  6,502

Simple answer there little fella:  Coaching sucks.  That is all.

Archived