• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's new role (for next week)... BCS Spoiler

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Pitt wins and it takes home the Big East BCS bid, correct?, since cuse beat BC.

This will be our bowl game as pitt will be ranked coming in to RayJay on Senior Day.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

What happens if USF beats Pitt??? I dont want Boston College going to the BCS game since they are leaving the BIG EAST. Hopefully, Syracuse goes to the BCS game if Pitt loses.

Guest HowieP1
What happens if USF beats Pitt??? I dont want Boston College going to the BCS game since they are leaving the BIG EAST. Hopefully, Syracuse goes to the BCS game if Pitt loses.

It's only between Pitt and Syracuse now.

I really don't think Syracuse will get it even if USF beats Pitt, because they probably will still be too far behind them in the BCS standings.

Guest HowieP1

I really don't think Syracuse will get it even if USF beats Pitt, because they probably will still be too far behind them in the BCS standings.

Before this week's games the BCS computers had Pitt at #43 and Syracuse at #63.

http://www.geocities.com/rtell/CP.html

So, with Pitt beating WVU and Syracuse beating BC they'll both move up about equally. Even if Pitt loses to USF they probablly won't be knocked down far enough for SU to overtake them.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

Pitt, WVU, Syracuse and Boston College are all tied atop the Big East at 4-2. Supposedly the league's tiebreaker rules would select Pittsburgh.

Guest HowieP1
Pitt, WVU, Syracuse and Boston College are all tied atop the Big East at 4-2. Supposedly the league's tiebreaker rules would select Pittsburgh.

Gary...This was from another thread:

Here's a breakdown of Pitt's BCS chances if Syracuse wins at Boston College today. (Pitt has no chance if Syracuse loses to BC, which would win the Big East title outright and the league's BCS berth). BC and Syracuse play at 1 p.m. today.  

If the Orange wins, Pitt, WVU, BC and Syracuse would end up tied for the Big East title, then a "mini-conference" of sorts is created amongst the four teams. Pitt would be 2-1 (wins versus BC and WVU and a loss to Syracuse); Syracuse would be 2-1 (wins over BC and Pitt and a loss to WVU); BC would be 1-2 (win over WVU and losses to Pitt and Syracuse); and WVU would be 1-2 (win over Syracuse and losses to Pitt and BC).  

In this instance, the tie between Pitt and Syracuse is broken by which team is higher ranked in the final BCS standings. If two teams tie for the highest ranking, the bid goes to the team that won the head-to-head match-up.  

Pitt almost certainly would be higher ranked than Syracuse, particularly if it wins at South Florida in the regular-season finale Dec. 4. The Orange, despite beating Pitt in head-to-head play, would have two fewer wins than the Panthers.

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/college/basketball/s_2 77160.html

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Pitt will get it, even in the unlikely event that they lose to USF next week. They are too far ahead in the BCS standings and Walt Harris has a vote in the coach's poll. Also, Syracuse has already been released by the BCS for other bowls to offer, which they wouldn't do if they thought things might get messy.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

I highly doubt we interrupt Pitts BCS plans.  Unless our D clogs the holes in the sieve that they currently are we would have trouble beating any team in contention for a bowl game, let alone a BCS game.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Given today's performance against CDOA foe Memphis, the odds of beating Pitt are pretty --- oh, how do we say this --- nonexistant!  8)