• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

At it again: Leavitt headbutt fires up Bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

yea, it works against the bottom-dwellers of the big east... notice how it didnt work against Cincy, Pitt, or even RU

if it's so effective, more coaches would be doing it-- no coach in the modern era of football who has even won a conference title does it.

Pretty sure those situations did not warrant the head butt.  However, you have to motivate yourself, if you have to rely on your coach to give you spark you will not play your best game.

I still think in those games we tried to play cool.  We wanted to act like the better team instead of the underdog.  We win as an underdog. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  16,415
  • Days Won:  43

Say what you want about Coach Leavitt. The one thing that you cant question is his love and loyalty for USF. I doubt USF will be able to find another coach that would be as loyal.

• Content Count:  6,502

Say what you want about Coach Leavitt. The one thing that you cant question is his love and loyalty for USF. I doubt USF will be able to find another coach that would be as loyal.

Loyalty is all well and good but the head coach is suppose to win games THAT HAVE TO BE WON and WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS on a consistant basis.

USF will have no problem in finding a coach with the same loyalty and love for USF.  Head coaches today are nothing but hired guns to win games and championships.  Love and loyalty goes out the window.

Well lets hope that USF wont need to find another coach. I think Leavitt will have the team he need to win the BIG EAST in two more years. Year, 2011 is when USF will be in the hunt for BIG EAST title. Right now, the coaches need to get these players to play conistant. BJ DANIELS is going to be a star if he can somehow become consistant. He has plenty of time to do this, so I am really excited about the future of this program. Also, dont forget that our OL is pretty new this year and that is the big key them better in the next few years.

• Content Count:  6,502

Well lets hope that USF wont need to find another coach. I think Leavitt will have the team he need to win the BIG EAST in two more years. Year, 2011 is when USF will be in the hunt for BIG EAST title.

This statement has been said to the supporters of USF fotball for the last 3 years.  Two more years two more years.  The time has passed and yet we have the exact same results.

My response to that statement qouted above is:  ********.  No more two more years....PRODUCE now and start clearing out your office.  The production we have seen the last 3 years would NEVER make it in the business world.

The USF head coach needs to cut out the "dramatics " and get to the job he was ******* hired to do.  Win games and championships.

Did you miss yesterday, or not understand the final score. That was a WIN....Maybe he needed those antics at other games...

Well lets hope that USF wont need to find another coach. I think Leavitt will have the team he need to win the BIG EAST in two more years. Year, 2011 is when USF will be in the hunt for BIG EAST title.

This statement has been said to the supporters of USF fotball for the last 3 years.  Two more years two more years.  The time has passed and yet we have the exact same results.

My response to that statement qouted above is:  ********.  No more two more years....PRODUCE now and start clearing out your office.  The production we have seen the last 3 years would NEVER make it in the business world.

Because????Where is the precendence that this program has an expectation of undefeated seasons and championships?  MY God.... Learn to love our team, enjoy rooting for your alma mater, and watch, they get better, we will be better, but why do we think we failed this year?  Go back to July/Aug. posts, the threads are all about how this would be crap year.  If we could pull out a win against EITHER FSU or UM it would be a success.

Look, SUCCESS..... We have a young front line, a red shirt at QB, another potential phenom on DL who cannot quite get to the QB, and we have been ranked this year.  Had horrible losses, and big wins.  Guess what.. that is college football.  1979 UF went O for 10... HOLY CRAP... we forget this.

We forget that the schools we play have been playing football longer than we have been in existance as a university.  They have loyalty to the schools, hell, we lost a good majority of our fans at homecoming so they could leave in time to watch UF decimate FIU.... WTF is that, and you want championships.  Build a championship fan base, worry about that, support the team, and we will eventually get that trophy.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Really? A headbutt coach? Isn't that old and dangerous? How about we out strategize a team.

I dont ever remember Leavitt stating a time frame until this year after the FSU game. He was saying that he feels that the recruits that are now coming in are the recruits that will compete for BIG EAST titles. People dont understand that  it takes time to win in the BIG EAST. Cincy and Pitt have been building to win the conference. USF is just now getting those talented recruits, and it will take about two more years. 2011 is going to be the year. I think some of you were tricked about how low the BIG EAST was when USF first joined the conference. The BIG EAST actually got much better as a conference since USF's first year.

Guest Bullieve it

It seems to work well with Urban Meyer.. I was with a friend who was invited to watch practice and he would grab his players by the face and yell at them, curse like crazy, scream like crazy.  Ive been to USF's practices too, and it's nothing like that, Urban's practices are worse than Leavitt during the game.

Archived