• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

At the FL-Ga tailgate this weekend...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  55
  • Days Won:  0

My boyfriend and I went to the tailgate on Saturday (to drink and people watch, of course) in our Bulls gear.  Surprisingly, we got a lot of respect from both UF and Georgia fans -- a lot of "Go Bulls" and people throwing up the horns.  We also had a pretty good discussion about BJ Daniels with some Georgia folks and everyone seemed very impressed with the team's performance on Friday.

However, I doubt people will be as nice to us come September 11, 2010 :P

• Content Count:  5,241

You mean you went to the now politically correct WORLDS LARGEST COCKTAIL PARTY??

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I miss the festivities of the Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party. Even though I don't like either team, the fact that the fans start showing up on Tuesday afternoon in their RVs and boats, makes it one of the best atmospheres for college football.

• Content Count:  667

My boyfriend and I went to the tailgate on Saturday (to drink and people watch, of course) in our Bulls gear.  Surprisingly, we got a lot of respect from both UF and Georgia fans -- a lot of "Go Bulls" and people throwing up the horns.  We also had a pretty good discussion about BJ Daniels with some Georgia folks and everyone seemed very impressed with the team's performance on Friday.

a lot of the gator fans are from Tampa and view USF as the little brother that tries to be like their Big Brother.  as long as we're in the Big East and finishing in the middle of the pack in our pseudo-BCS conference, they Tampa Gator fans will cheer us on because we are not a threat and we are the home team.

• Content Count:  55

a lot of the gator fans are from Tampa and view USF as the little brother that tries to be like their Big Brother.  as long as we're in the Big East and finishing in the middle of the pack in our pseudo-BCS conference, they Tampa Gator fans will cheer us on because we are not a threat and we are the home team.

Not to mention the closet USF students that pose as gators at the games.

• Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

We all know we are a threat as they missed out on Ryne Giddens because of USF. As USF continues to win, USF will steal more recruits away from the big boys.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ya but UF gets 20 Ryne Giddens each year. Sure they would have gladly taken him, but I'm sure they found a suitable replacement.

• Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

That is true that UF gets just about everyone that they target, but my point is that USF will keep stealing their recruiting targets. The more recruits that USF steals from Miami, FSU, and UF, the more of a threat USF will be as the Bulls will be more competive on the field. I am pretty much hoping that USF can get to Miami's level when they were in the BIG EAST. It seemed like Miami was up for the national title game just about every year.

• Content Count:  2,726

That is true that UF gets just about everyone that they target, but my point is that USF will keep stealing their recruiting targets. The more recruits that USF steals from Miami, FSU, and UF, the more of a threat USF will be as the Bulls will be more competive on the field. I am pretty much hoping that USF can get to Miami's level when they were in the BIG EAST. It seemed like Miami was up for the national title game just about every year.

BINGO!!!

GOOOOO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  1,757

Bullsbucsbolts....

Pseudo bcs conference?  Have you even paid attention to the big east vs other bcs conferences?  We've been top three of the bcs conferences for some time now.  The big east is arguably one of the toughest conferences in America. 

Archived