• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thanks B. Fisher!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

I can't help to think what might have been if this kid could of kept his pants zipped up!  I think we would have beat Army and maybe one other game this year... As bad as PJ has played it would have been nice to bring in BF's triple threat... I know its bad to play what if, but remember last year in the red zone and how effective he was.... OBTW if he thinks he can re enroll at USF for one more year I say forgetaboutit he burned those bridges and he is not welcome anymore!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

b.fisher wouldn't have made much of a difference

our defense is bad

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

If Brian Fisher is declared eligible to play next season bt the NCAA then USF needs to bring him back in ASAP. I am sorry but Fisher in our offense would be dynamite right now. The kid made some bad choices, but we should not turn our back on him now. He is a USF BULL!! Come back FISHER!!

Guest S.  Bien
If Brian Fisher is declared eligible to play next season bt the NCAA then USF needs to bring him back in ASAP. I am sorry but Fisher in our offense would be dynamite right now. The kid made some bad choices, but we should not turn our back on him now. He is a USF BULL!! Come back FISHER!!

Where would you play him?  If he comes back there is absolutely no way he starts in front of Johnny Peyton, Jackie Chambers, or JB Garris at WR.  He's not going to start ahead of Hall at RB?  Do you want Fisher to play QB?  Listen Fisher did some nifty things, and he's a decent slot receiver in a pure spread offense, but in our new offensive scheme Fisher is simply a gimmick, and lost body in a new system.  He had his chance, and he will go down in USF folklore for his mad overtime option plays that won us games against Cinci, and UL last year, and almost helped us come back and beat UAB, but in the end he doesn't possess enough speed or size to make a difference anymore on our newly upgraded wide receiving crew, and he certainly isn't half the RB that Hall is, and for that matter some of his back-ups.

That's the truth.  I am one that certainly hopes we don't waste a scholarship for Fisher to come back for one year to run a few gimmick goal line options, and some end around plays.  Give it to a 4 year HS player that can develop, or a solid JC we can at least get two years out of.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  0

He had his chance...........and it's gone.  Good luck to him with graduating and getting on with his life.  If the last several years are any indication, that kid has an uphill battle ahead, and will need his time spent working and getting an education, not running a football.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

I am sorry to disagree with you, but Fisher is a play maker. He was one of the big reasons that USF beat Pitt a few years ago along with Marquell and Rubin. For USF to not want Fisher back now is just turning their back on the kid. Injuries happen, so it is important to bring as much fire power as possible. I would not mind seeing Fisher and Hall in the back field. Fisher is a play maker just like Hall. Also, I would love to have Fisher returning punt returns. USF is hurting on special teams in the area of punt and kick off returns because we lost JR REED and Fisher.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

The only reason he was a playmaker last year is because nobody else was.  We've got the tools, now we just need a better gameplan...

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

IF his problems are fixed and the ncaa clears him yes take him back

let the kid get his diploma he will need it. play him where it helps us but give him a chance on year will not destroy us but may build good will with a lot of HS coaches that usf does not abandon kids like F$U and others.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  553

The floridatropics.net website is gone.

Guess it was a REAL successful venture.

BW

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

They canceled their game against GA Military College because, according to a GMC release, the Tropics "couldn't make the trip".

I guess this meant "another failed Jim Terry venture".