• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6-1 PG Lavonte Dority visited USF

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

last weekend and really enjoyed his trip according to the article below.

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/911026.html

“The trip was amazing, I liked it a lot,†said Dority “Everybody was great, and the weather was unbelievable.â€

Lavonte also had a one on one with the big man himself Coach Stan Heath.

“He’s a real good coach and a cool guy,†said Dority. “He told me how much he loved to have me and how I fit the system so well. He also told me how much he liked me as a ball player and as a person.â€

Lavonte was his father who was very impressed with what he saw.

“We liked the coaching staff, the people there and what the school has to offer,†said his father Lorenzo. “The atmosphere was just beautiful, and we loved the weather.â€

Here's a little video on him. Mostly an interview

Guest AstroBull

we need this guy to commit now before he gets away.

Ask and ye shall receive!

Chicago point guard Dority commits to USF

USF coach Stan Heath has his first oral commitment of the season, getting a pledge Sunday from Lavonte Dority, a 6-foot-1 point guard from Chicago who visited USF last weekend.

"I think the program is on the rise," Dority said Sunday night. "I love the coaching staff, and I just liked the environment. And you can't beat the Big East."

Dority also visited New Mexico before visiting USF, and had visits scheduled for Wisconsin and Baylor, but said he decided this week that he knew where he wanted to play. Dority, who also considered Indiana, attended the USF-Cincinnati football game and the Bulls Frenzy basketball event during his visit, and was hosted by point guard Chris Howard and forward Ron Anderson.

Dority is rated as a three-star recruit by Rivals.com and a two-star by Scout.com. He said he averaged 21 points and six assists last season for Foreman High, which has three other Division I commitments in this class. Asked his strengths on the court, Dority cited his leadership, his ability to create scoring opportunities and the way he can attack the basket.

Heath has two more scholarships available, with the remaining priorities being a big wing and a big man inside. Center Waverly Austin is expected to visit the Bulls this weekend, with USF and Cincinnati as his top choices.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/10/chicago-point-guard-dority-commits-to-usf.html

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

USF coach Stan Heath has his first oral commitment of the season, getting a pledge Sunday from Lavonte Dority, a 6-foot-1 point guard from Chicago who visited USF last weekend.

"I think the program is on the rise," Dority said Sunday night. "I love the coaching staff, and I just liked the environment. And you can't beat the Big East."

Dority also visited New Mexico before visiting USF, and had visits scheduled for Wisconsin and Baylor, but said he decided this week that he knew where he wanted to play. Dority, who also considered Indiana, attended the USF-Cincinnati football game and the Bulls Frenzy basketball event during his visit, and was hosted by point guard Chris Howard and forward Ron Anderson.

Dority is rated as a three-star recruit by Rivals.com and a two-star by Scout.com. He said he averaged 21 points and six assists last season for Foreman High, which has three other Division I commitments in this class. Asked his strengths on the court, Dority cited his leadership, his ability to create scoring opportunities and the way he can attack the basket.

Heath has two more scholarships available, with the remaining priorities being a big wing and a big man inside. Center Waverly Austin is expected to visit the Bulls this weekend, with USF and Cincinnati as his top choices.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/10/chicago-point-guard-dority-commits-to-usf.html

YES! this kid looks like a real playa. He's rated a 90 by ESPN.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=56347&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d56347%26season%3d2010

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

"Dority is rated as a three-star recruit by Rivals.com and a two-star by Scout.com."

FWIW, Both Rivals and Scout had him rated better earlier in the year, according to an OSU message board:

Rivals: 4-star #83 player overall #21 point guard

Scout: 3-star

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/2010-basketball-recruiting/612804-10-il-pg-lavonte-dority.html

Dority also considered a handful of other programs including New Mexico, Baylor, Wisconsin and Indiana.

"I committed to South Florida because I like the coaching staff, the players are pretty cool, it's a great environment and of course its the Big East," he said.

"It was just a great situation for me to be able to come in and play," he added. "They are great people to be around. It's a great place to play basketball."

Dority if USF's first commitment of the 2010 class.

Hopefully other recruits will look at USF in the same way as Dority. I know Heath and his staff have been selling this very message to all the kids they're recruiting. So far Dority is the 1st one to buy in to it. WE need 2 more to say yes before the early signing period starts next month.

Originally Published: October 25, 2009

Foreman's Dority commits to S. Florida

Public League power has four Division 1 recruits

By Scott Powers

ESPNChicago.com

Foreman senior guard Lavonte Dority committed to the University of South Florida this weekend after making a visit to the Big East school.

"I'm really excited he decided to go to South Florida," Foreman coach Terry Head said on Sunday night. "I think he can play in that conference. We all knew at Foreman he was going to be a high-major player. He's going to give South Florida a strong lead guard who can play in that conference. We look for big things from him."

Dority also was considering Baylor and New Mexico.

Dority gives Foreman its fourth Division I commitment as Mike McCall (Saint Louis), Tommy Woolridge (Eastern Illinois) and Eddie Denard (UIC) all recently committed as well. The Hornets are expected to be among the top teams in the Public League and state this season.

Scott Powers covers high school and college sports for ESPNChicago.com and can be reached at preps@espnchicago.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/columns/story?columnist=powers_scott&id=4595032

YES! this kid looks like a real playa. He's rated a 90 by ESPN.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=56347&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d56347%26season%3d2010

ESPN updated his page today:

Evaluation

October, 2009: Dority has a college ready body that will allow him to make an immediate impact at the next level. He makes great decisions with the ball and depending on what the possession dictates he has a solid feel for when to set the table or score the ball himself. His aggressive push in transition, left and right middle game pull-ups, as well as an ever improving 3-point shot make him a tough defend. Most impressive are his leadership intangibles(communication, confidence, and toughness) which are hard to find out on the recruiting circuit. He will need to work on his explosiveness and foot quickness in order to finish at the rim and defend jet-quick guards. Off the ball defensively he will also need to be more aware in regards to vision and ball-you-man principles. Dority fits the mold of a rugged, tough Big east guard who will make an immediate impact due to his strong physique. He is a great fit fo Stan Heath's push, probe and attack offensive system and physical, tough, hardnosed defensive style. Dority is a great get for the up and coming South Florida Bulls.

Archived