• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (Cincinnati)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

The Good

- Defense: except for a few big plays, the defense played good, not great, but good enough that should have won the game if they had help from the offense.

- It's only 1 loss and there are 6 games left. No need to panic, yet.

- The fan support was great all the way till the 4th quarter.  There were times that the energy could have died early, but it didn't.

The Bad

- BJ Daniels: Here's his first rookie game.  Needs touch on his throws. Needs to not feel the need to scramble. Needs to learn when to throw the ball away or tuck it and run down field, rather than scrambling waiting for a throw.

- Lack of focus: dropped balls, stupid penalties, etc.

- white helmets: I used to dislike them, now I hate them

- Thursday nights and Erin Andrews: NEVER AGAIN!!!

- Basketball team on field: Seriously, I believe that our mens basketball program is cursed and should be quarantined from all other programs.  Game was going well until they did their promotion and it was downhill from there.

The Ugly

- Offensive playcalling: I could go on and on and on about this one. Lack of playaction pass. Using the same plays over and over again after they fail. Going away from works, especially running backs like Mike Ford.

- Big East refs: Again, played to too big a role in the game. Were inconsistant and several times oblivious.

As always, amend as you feel necessary.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

The Good

- Defense: except for a few big plays, the defense played good, not great, but good enough that should have won the game if they had help from the offense.

- The fan support was great all the way till the 4th quarter.  There were times that the energy could have died early, but it didn't.

The Bad

- BJ Daniels: Here's his first rookie game.  Needs touch on his throws. Needs to not feel the need to scramble. Needs to learn when to throw the ball away or tuck it and run down field, rather than scrambling waiting for a throw.

- Basketball team on field: Seriously, I believe that our mens basketball program is cursed and should be quarantined from all other programs.  Game was going well until they did their promotion and it was downhill from there.

The Ugly

- Offensive playcalling: I could go on and on and on about this one. Lack of playaction pass. Using the same plays over and over again after they fail. Going away from works, especially running backs like Mike Ford.

- Big East refs: Again, played to too big a role in the game. Were inconsistant and several times oblivious.

Well, at least until Rutgers has a Thursday night feast on Bull in a few weeks.  Can't we somehow get out of these Thursday night games?

Otherwise I agree with you assessments.

• Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

The Good

The Bad

The Ugly

-- Next time we're offered a Thursday night game, tell them that we'll forfeit.  Am I wrong in saying that the only Thursday night game we've one was the UAB game in 2004?

-- Something about the BE Refs.  They seem to want to have their hands in the outcome of the game.  For every ticky tack call they made, the missed two holding calls on our DE's.  Unbelievable how much they missed.

-- Crumple up tonights's game plan and set in on fire.  Don't ever let it see the light of day again.  Hopefully Chico will figure his way out of this, because the playcalling tonight was rotten.

-- BJ looked like Grothe in his Frosh/Soph year.  Way too much scrambling and not enough quick decision making.  Tried way too hard to make things happen with his arm instead of his legs.  Good news on this is that he'll undoubtedly improve in this aspect of his game.

--  Worst part of the game tonight was that Pike got hurt.  We were not prepared for the contrasting style of their backup QB.  Should have put eight in the box and made that kid beat us with his arm.  Then again, he probably would have thrown to Murphy's side and who knows what would have happened.  Murph's draft status took a HUGE hit tonight.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

To add to the GOOD:

Kick coverage - much better than we've seen for most of the year.

FG - someone from USF actually made one from 50 yds.  Could do wonders for his confidence in upcoming games.

To add to the BAD:

Return game - punts, KO's - doesn't matter - we pretty much weren't very good at it.

• Content Count:  118

Good- we seemed to hold down Gilyard for the most part; kick returns and receving. 

Bad- the offensive line "run" blocking!  Awful.  Still not giving Ford the carries he should have.  Even after Leavitt said "he needs the ball more!" Wtf

Ugly- the defense played awful especially in the second half!  We gave up 143 yards to the back up QB!  They gave up over 30 points!  You don't win to many game giving up over 30!

• Content Count:  971

It's ironic that we pretty much controlled Pike and Gilyard.  But, when Cincy went to Plan B, we were still stuck on Plan A.

Archived