• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's speculate, just for fun, Mr. Glazer...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  297
  • Days Won:  2

This may not happen anytime soon, or even in our lifetimes...

What if the Bucs completely folded in Tampa Bay.  Since Glazer already considered moving the team before RJS was built (although RJS was the reason why he kept it here), couldn't there be another market out there for a football team?  If so, that would leave RayJay vacant.

Of course, we'd have to look at poor attendance figures, loss of community interest, and a bunch of variables for this to even be in consideration.  Or do you think the Bucs have staying power indefinitely.

If not, what would be USF's chances acquiring the stadium if the Bucs vacated?

GO BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

I'd never want the Bucs to leave. I know a lot of people on here hate them for some reason, but I'm a huge fan no matter what. You never wish for a professional sports team to LEAVE your hometown.

• Content Count:  34

I'd never want the Bucs to leave. I know a lot of people on here hate them for some reason, but I'm a huge fan no matter what. You never wish for a professional sports team to LEAVE your hometown.

This, I don't get all the hate for the Bucs here.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

This, I don't get all the hate for the Bucs here.

Agree.  I was a Bucs fan long before I was a Bulls fan.  Sure the level of commitment I have for the Bulls is 1000 times greater, but I'm still a Bucs fan even if they are lousy.

• Content Count:  149

The Jags will be relocated WAY before the Bucs would be considered again.  Also, hasn't been that long since season tickets had a multi-year waiting list.  One bad....err, horrible year doesn't negate that.

• Content Count:  701

that will only happen when RJS will be so old that it's dump... then they will threaten to move... then they'll build one next door and tear the old one down... and REPEAT

raymond_james_aerial.jpg

• Content Count:  12,293

Bucs arent going anywhere.

People here carry a grudge over the use of RayJay and our deal with the Glazers and take it against the Bucs.

• Content Count:  1,757

I have no problem with the Bucs, just the team owners. 

Step one in selling an NFL team: cut the players, get down way below the salary cap and make the team start sucking.  Only after a year or two of "down times" will the value of the team be driven down enough that a sale may be appealing to new investors / buyers.

The Glazers have done just that.  Don't kid yourself if you don't think they would sell off the Bucs.  There is no reason for them to cut the purse-strings unless they're planning on making some kind of move with this team (maybe not out of the town, but definitely out of their ownership). 

• Content Count:  44

Jags to Orlando? wasnt there something about a home game or 2 being played there to try and get a full stadium.... Surely the Jags are prime to move first... and then there is always the Vikes who seem rife with rumours about a move, although if they carry on this season as they are, maybe not!

Ill be over next october to see the Bucs, so should be safe to say they still be there!

• Content Count:  2,511

I can list reasons for the hate for the Bucs:

• The initial threat to move the team unless they got a stadium
  • Selling seat deposits to fund the stadium and the Glazers promised to chip in some of the costs
  • Not selling enough seat deposits, so a tax referendum was proposed.
  • Grouping education funding in the tax referendum to make it popular with non-sports fans
  • The voters passed the 1% sales tax increase, but the Bucs kept the seat deposit money and seat deposit requirement, but they did not contribute any money for the construction costs
  • The seat deposit money was supposed to help retire the stadium debt, but where does it go now?  Ivory backstratchers for Malcolm Glazer?
  • After winning a Super Bowl, instead of using the windfall of cash to improve the Bucs, the Glazers leveraged a purchase of Manchester United
  • Glazers insisting that the local goverment pay for the construction of the new Bucs practice facility
  • The profits they skim right off the top of every event at RJS, including Bucs games.  Who knows how much they made at the recent U2 concert at RJS.
  • Chasing away Rich McKay and letting Gruden have free reign with the team
  • Spending $30 million under the salary cap and field a putrid team this year
  • Acting like the second coming of Hugh Culverhouse
  • We are still paying that extra 1% sales tax in Tampa

Los Angeles is doing fine without the NFL, and they lost two teams at the same time.  They refuse to fund an NFL stadium for billionaires.  They have the right attitude.  If the NFL wants a team in LA, then they will have to pay for it.

Archived