• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF at Miami?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HowieP1

From the Trib:

USF IN SOUTH FLORIDA? If a football game between Cal and Miami doesn't materialize next season, the Bulls could play Miami in the Orange Bowl, the Miami Herald reported.

Officials from UM and USF would not comment. USF AD Doug Woolard said Wednesday he will not discuss specific teams concerning future games.

USF has nine games scheduled in 2005 - at Penn State, home vs. UCF plus four Big East road games and three Big East home games.

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGBI0N6FO1E.html

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

It would be interesting to get the Miami game.

But it does delay the inevitable somewhat-- that we have yet to establish some home and home games against BCS teams.

The good thing is while it may be one less home game, it is also a reasonable distance for USF fans to travel. And those fans who live in Miami or that area may have the chance to go to their first USF game.

Also-- Miami is not unbeatable. UL came close and UNC et al have foundchinks in the armor. Yo just have to play them at the right time and have your team playing very well. They will probably be reloaded next season as this year would be considered a down year by most UM fans. Losing 6 guys in the 1st round of the draft can have that type of impact.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

I wonder if we could do a 2 for 1 like this.

At Miami 2005

At Tampa 2007 - another home game in 3 BE home game season

At Miami 2009 or 2010

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

Uh... JimUSFSig... I can make myself believe we'd go undefeated every year and actually believe it... But starting off with UM in the Orange Bowl? I don't know if you do drugs... but I think I would consider smoking a whole lot of tweed before making a serious statement like  you just made.

That would be our biggest win in school history. That team is the #1 minor league football service for the NFL. There is no drop off in talent for Miami ever (unless you consider Brock Berlin a drop off from Ken Dorsey). But no offense, Berlin would star for every team in college football with the exception of OU, USC and Cal (and maybe ASU, VaTech, Utah, and Louisiville).

Here's hoping we get the game... but here's to realizing we have to be levelheaded.

Sheriff --

First, I think we all agree that next year's team will be better than this year's team.  Most of the defense is returning, and getting better.  Hall will be back, as will most of our receiving corps. We will improve at QB, even if it is a junior Pat Julmiste... USF will be a better team next year..

Second, Miami will be in a rebuilding year next year... Brock Berlin is a senior, so is Crudup.  Thus, next year's Miami team will be lead by a third-year sophomore QB (Kyle Wright) who is 5 of 9 for 30 yards so far this year... Frank Gore is a junior - but I would expect him to register for the draft and not be back for his senior season... Their #2 receiver (TE Kevin Everett) will be gone... and we can expect a few other underclassmen to leave.  (Their defense only has 2 seniors on it, so they may be back - but they are not that formidable this year).

Third, I never said it would be easy.  For USF to beat UM, USF would need a perfect game... no turnovers, very few penalties, a defensive score, an effective running game, and an efficient passing game... Moreover, UM would easily expect USF to be a pushover - if we could get on them early, it would be possible (see Pittsburgh, 2001).

Also, the rest of the Big East are beatable... I can see USF going 5-2 in our first Big East season... and the 2 losses may not be by much... with Penn State's downturn, and UCF's losing streak... adding FAMU and (maybe) UM, I figure USF should be about 8-3 next year... but USF has the ability to win all 11 games...

IMHO... ;-)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

miami rebuilding hahahaha

they will be great next year

and a top 10 team again