• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bennett's Mailbag: Ford Starting and USF Nat'l Championship

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

i cant believe people are actually talking about the possibility of a national championship.  jeez, youd think they'd wait until atleast after the louisville game.  we still have 7 games left and the schedule is much much tougher from here on out.  plus, even if we do go undefeated there's still a very small chance we're considered for the NC game.  just win baby and take it one game at a time!!

Well, the fans of UF, Bama, LSU, Texas, and even Cincinnati are all talking about a NC year, and from what I have seen none of them stand head and shoulders above any of the better teams, including us.  I think this year is open for the taking.  There certainly are no teams on our schedule that we can't beat, and I wouldn't bet against us in a game with any of the teams above.

An undefeated BCS team has never been bypassed for the national championship game by a team with a loss.   If we are the only undefeated team, then why would you think we would be the first?  I swear many of you still think of us as a mid major, and not as a BCS conference team.  If we go undefeated, we will have beaten at least 3, possibly 5 ranked teams (Pitt and WVU may be ranked), with 2 in the top 10 (UC and possibly Miami).  Sounds pretty good to me.  If you follow the polls, voters keep moving the undefeated teams up as the season goes on. 

GO BULLS!

WRONG!!!  Auburn in 2003. 

Im sorry Namuh Bull.  Im as delusional as the rest of them but, when it comes down too it...our SOS(strength of schedule) doesn't bode well for us even if we go undefeated.(WKU and 2 I-AA's who aren't winning btw)

NOW...if this is a year like 2007 where everyone had at least 1 or two losses...then maybe.

There is always a chance at this level...and we might have a great chance at getting in with our resume...BY THE END of the season.

HOWEVER!!! Thats a lifetime from now...its a long race and we are just about to start the THICK of it.  We should all learn from years past and just take it ONE GAME AT A TIME!!!

and of course...JUST WIN JIM!!!

LETS GOOOOO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

WRONG!!!  Auburn in 2003.  ...

Many people think Auburn was passed over that year for a team with a loss, but in 2004 (it wasn't 2003) there were pretty many undefeated teams, and many people were pissed of when the winner of the mighty SEC didn't make the national championship game.  The two teams who played in the game were both undefeated, and USC beat Oklahoma for the championship.  BTW, USC and Oklahoma started the season ranked 1 and 2.

Go BULLS!

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Im sorry Namuh Bull.  Im as delusional as the rest of them but, when it comes down too it...our SOS(strength of schedule) doesn't bode well for us even if we go undefeated.(WKU and 2 I-AA's who aren't winning btw)

NOW...if this is a year like 2007 where everyone had at least 1 or two losses...then maybe.

There is always a chance at this level...and we might have a great chance at getting in with our resume...BY THE END of the season.

HOWEVER!!! Thats a lifetime from now...its a long race and we are just about to start the THICK of it.  We should all learn from years past and just take it ONE GAME AT A TIME!!!

LETS GOOOOO BULLS!!!

Charleston Southern

Troy

FIU

UF's non conference schedule.  not much different from our original non conference schedule of FIU, Wofford, WKU(non counting UM and FSU)

no one will be debating UFs schedule if they go undefeated. 

• Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

i cant believe people are actually talking about the possibility of a national championship.  jeez, youd think they'd wait until atleast after the louisville game.  we still have 7 games left and the schedule is much much tougher from here on out.  plus, even if we do go undefeated there's still a very small chance we're considered for the NC game.  just win baby and take it one game at a time!!

Well, the fans of UF, Bama, LSU, Texas, and even Cincinnati are all talking about a NC year, and from what I have seen none of them stand head and shoulders above any of the better teams, including us.  I think this year is open for the taking.  There certainly are no teams on our schedule that we can't beat, and I wouldn't bet against us in a game with any of the teams above.

An undefeated BCS team has never been bypassed for the national championship game by a team with a loss.   If we are the only undefeated team, then why would you think we would be the first?  I swear many of you still think of us as a mid major, and not as a BCS conference team.  If we go undefeated, we will have beaten at least 3, possibly 5 ranked teams (Pitt and WVU may be ranked), with 2 in the top 10 (UC and possibly Miami).  Sounds pretty good to me.  If you follow the polls, voters keep moving the undefeated teams up as the season goes on. 

GO BULLS!

LETS GOOOOO BULLS!!!

No you are wrong. That year Auburn, USC, and OU were all undefeated, and Auburn's weak ass SOS kept them from playing for the title.

Archived