• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PG K.C. Ross Miller about South Florida

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

One school that was interestingly left off Ross Miller's list was South Florida. The Bulls, once thought to be the favorites for Ross-Miller, are no longer in the running for his services.

“They’re not on the list anymore,†Miller said. “We just didn’t feel like it was the right place for us.â€

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

someone isn't doing their job recruiting

Yeah this has been an awful recruiting campaign for Heath so far. W/O a doubt we have had by far and away the worse recruiting results of any Big East team this year.

Wait til u see the latest guard prospect that has an offer from USF. We r barrel scraping now.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

This is all with Heath, who specializes in recruiting... 

makes you think it isn't so much the coaches ability to recruit as it is working against our aweful reputation and against our competitions really good reputations.

If i were a top basketball recruit, i would not pick USF.  (and this is from someone with hoops green and gold glasses)...

The fact that Mac got Dominique is amazing to me... b/c we are only getting transfers right now... no solid freshmen. 

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Velcro????!!!!  Are you tossing Burwell, Dumars, Noriega and Fitzpatrick off the bus and running them over BEFORE they even play one game?  Wow.  What green and gold glasses?  Just wow.

Normal

No, not at all...  what I am saying is Blue Chippers don't want to come here.  None of those are blue chippers.  They all could be great for us...  and hopefully they will.

But every time we are mentioned for a top recruit... we lose out.  Being in the conversation is good, and that is a credit to heath... but i don't think him not sealing the deal is totally because of any lack of effort, or inability to recruit, but rather, he is fighting off our lousy hoops reputation.

I'm very happy with the guys we have so far... but I hope we can land even better talent right out of high school... not always looking for diamonds in the rough.

OK, but you wrote we had not gotten any 'solid freshmen' and didn't mention blue chip.  I would like to think that a couple of those four would be 'solid.'  I was just surprised that you, of all people, would call these guys less than solid when they had not yet played a single game.

I don't care how we get BE level players; transfers, frosh, penitentiary (well maybe not that last one), but the point is, recruiting is recruiting.  I will not underestimate CSH when it comes to recruiting.  We are not even at signing day for the fall period and the spring period is a long way off.  I believe CSH will find us some good talent this year.  This always seems to pull out something.

Normal

Poor wording i guess.  I was meaning blue chip when i posted it.

I'm perfectly happy with transfers if they are good, but i'd much rather have a 4 year phenom like DoJo than a 2 year guy.  And most of the guys that come in here don't turn into diamonds like DoJo.  A few do, but it hasn't been enough to compete in this league.  All it will take is making some type of run in this league to get the monkey off our back and make us more appealing... hopefully that type of run starts this year, and hopefully some of these freshmen turn out to be diamonds in the rough.

Good, I'm right there with ya.  I was afraid I was going to have to talk you off the ledge.  Keep your fingers crossed that our two big guys do not get hurt, arrested, etc.  If Famous and Gilchrist stay healthy all season, I think you will see a vast improvement in this team.

Normal

I'm afraid of heights... so you won't see me near any ledges any time soon.  :)

I can't wait for the season to start so I can see what we have here.  Everyone knows Dojo is a stud... Gilchrist showed flashes, but lacked consistency.  If rivas' legs are healthy, (he also showed flashes while he was hurt, which suprised me)... he also adds some quality minutes, especially rebounding. 

I'm hoping at least one of the new guys (noriega or burwell), can come in and give more production that Jesus did on both ends.  I'm thinking Burwell might be that guy.  Noriega can/should give us another deep threat, but we need someone to complement Dojo in the lane slashing.

Also excited about Crater in december.  Howard leading things, Crater rotating in, and leemow defensively...  there are enough pieces in place to get out of the basement... but how far out of the basement is the question...

Archived