• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

wonder what recruits think

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

about fsu game

if usf wins will we get better players

if usf loses will it have no impact or an adverse impact?

• Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

I don't see it having a huge impact. A little of course.. but I think a lot of them want to see us win a BE Championship. Then recruiting would really step up this year.

It depends on the prospect also. A lot of them know USF is young and still coming up and wouldn't expect USF to beat FSU but others may not be bright enough to look at it that way.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I don't see it having a huge impact. A little of course.. but I think a lot of them want to see us win a BE Championship. Then recruiting would really step up this year.

It depends on the prospect also. A lot of them know USF is young and still coming up and wouldn't expect USF to beat FSU but others may not be bright enough to look at it that way.

Yup, winning the BE>>>>>Beating big 3 members. 

• Content Count:  4,879

post-game comments state-wide and nationally predict this is the beginning of a massive shift in recruiting in FL

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

FSU has at least one decommit since the game.

USF verbal Mark Joyce was at the game and it solidified his commitment:

DeLand's Mark Joyce, a USF commitment, was at FSU to witness the Bulls' big victory

Topics

Chicago Bulls

Florida State University

By Buddy Collings

Sentinel Staff Writer

10:40 p.m. EDT, September 26, 2009

E-mail Print Share  Text Size

DeLand OLB Mark Joyce (Sr., 6-0, 204) was in the stands at Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee to watch USF beat FSU on Saturday, and he said the landmark victory made him even more certain he made the right choice in orally committing to sign with USF in late July.

"I want to play for a team that can pull off wins like this," Joyce said by cell phone during the drive home with his high school coach,Kevin Pettis, and teammates Nick Booton and Trey Pettis. "They showed me they can do it. It was a hard-hitting game. USF was knocking them out the whole time. It was very exciting."

Joyce, No. 13 on theentinel's Central Florida Top 100 list of senior prospects, returned to the field and played well in the Bulldogs' 42-0 win over Port Orange Spruce Creek on Thursday. He had missed Week 3 with an ankle injury.

DeLand is 4-0 and plays at defending Class 6A state champion Seminole (3-1) Friday night. Joyce is expected to shift to strong safety in college.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/orl-recruiting-mark-joyce-deland-usf-09,0,6724057.story

Nowadays, with so many players giving an early verbal to teams, it would be expected that any significant bump in recruiting would take place the following year. Having said that, we might be able to sway a couple of verbals to our side and get a few others who may have signed elsewhere.

We would get a much bigger recruiting bump this year, if we can consolidate this win by beating Miami and by winning the Big East.

• Content Count:  578

I notice on Rivals quite a stir already... I believe they even have a premium article talking to Terrence Mitchell from Hillsborough.

Also here is a list from perusing the free boards as to who was in attendance for the game:

Greg Dent

Kenny Shaw

Christian Jones

Nick Waisome

Tyler Hunter

Buck Allen

Cortez Davis

Serderius Bryant

Nothing official just some fans talking.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,660
  • Days Won:  29

Regarding recruiting ONLY ... I saw beating FSU & UM will help more than a Title - in the short term. Don't wanna trade it though.

Winning the Big East and going & winning a BCS game will show we belong on the NATIONAL Stage. This will keep the recruits coming. Beating UF, FSU & UM is only the icing on the cake.

Archived