• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WVU chokes again...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

this is why i bullieve the bulls have a chance to dominate the BE (it will not be easy!)

wvu always chokes under pressure, they could and should have been the standard bearer of the BE this year and beyond.

they had a great experienced team, a favorable schedule, stable coaching and a mountain of motivation, and what do they do...they choke!

pitt ul cinci and uconn we have proven we can beat them

cuse loses to temple, rutgers losses to d1AA

so on balance if we play consistantly and raise our game as expected we will have a good shot at dominating the BE and being in the hunt year in and year out for the BE championship

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You forgot about Louisville

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

My step dad from Beckley, WV was pissed Saturday nite about this at the USF game.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2

wvu always chokes under pressure
Oh we do not.

We didn't choke last year against #3 VT did we?  We didn't choke against #16 Pitt did we?  Or in 2002 against #12 VT or #18 Pitt.

While we didn't win, I wouldn't call a 1-4 WVU team going into Miami and almost coming away with a W a choke last year.

Yeah, this year we have underperformed, we lack team chemistry and have horrendous special teams, but you seem to be insanely pessimistic towards WVU.  I recall you preaching the entire game about how WVU was going to choke and here comes the choke during the UMD game (never came).  I'd say WVU is 50/50 in 'big' games under Rod, so you need to drop it.

You forgot about Louisville

read the post ul = louisville (proven we can beat them)

my point was wvu has the history and talent to be the big dog but they WILL leave the door open for usf and others

Oh we do not.

We didn't choke last year against #3 VT did we?  We didn't choke against #16 Pitt did we?  Or in 2002 against #12 VT or #18 Pitt.

While we didn't win, I wouldn't call a 1-4 WVU team going into Miami and almost coming away with a W a choke last year.

Yeah, this year we have underperformed, we lack team chemistry and have horrendous special teams, but you seem to be insanely pessimistic towards WVU.  I recall you preaching the entire game about how WVU was going to choke and here comes the choke during the UMD game (never came).  I'd say WVU is 50/50 in 'big' games under Rod, so you need to drop it.

the maryland game? did you see that game?

please, maryland did everything but giftwrap the game for you.

ok so i give you that one

va tech just screwed you and the big east over this is one of two games that you man up for (that my friend is the definition of a big game), and what do you do lay down and roll over

ok so i give you the vatech loss

boston college boston freaking college who also screwed you and the big east but to add salt to the wound they want to win the big east championship  on the way out (that my friend is the definition of a huge moth%^$^ f&*^% game) and what do you do as th strongest program left in the big east you basically handed them the championship

now tell me straight up as a wvu fan (or as a basic football fan) if wvu had won those two big games vatech and BC and losed every other game would you not have gained some major satisfaction from this season

how the hell do you feel if BC goes to the sugar bowl and you end up in the continental tire bowl. **** have the honesty to call a choke job a choke job!

man i love my school but this defence you put up sounds so much like 0-10 ucf praising two sacks against the #114 offense in the country. i truly hope that your views represent a minority of WVU fans who at this point should not be praising this years team for thier preformance in the clutch

as a new member of the BE i was routing for WVU more so than even your fans not only for your school but for the BE as well. i hope you do not take this personally, it was just the truth as i see it.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2

please, maryland did everything but giftwrap the game for you.

We friggin won and you still write it off as a choke.  Why you want to perpetuate a new stereotype that WVU is notorious for choking is beyond me.  We have overachieved drastically the past two years with just as many program defining huge upset wins (or more) as 'chokes.'

now tell me straight up as a wvu fan (or as a basic football fan) if wvu had won those two big games vatech and BC and losed every other game would you not have gained some major satisfaction from this season

I like how you 'gave me' the choke losses yet you completely ignored the 4 specific big games I mentioned where WVU DIDN'T choke since Rod has been here.

Bottom line WVU does not "always choke under pressure."  Of course we choke from time to time (Gator Bowl, BC and Tech this year) but I had never realized we stood out as such big chokers that people routinely start threads about it.  Well not people, just you I should say.  Oh and thanks for choking against Army, that really helps the perception of the new league a lot.  ;)

how the hell do you feel if BC goes to the sugar bowl and you end up in the continental tire bowl. **** have the honesty to call a choke job a choke job!

We choked, I'll admit.  But this 'WVU always chokes' is the crap that is false and annoying.

as a new member of the BE i was routing for WVU more so than even your fans not only for your school but for the BE as well.

You had me fooled.  The only thing I've ever seen you say is 'WVU is gonna choke.' or 'Here comes the choke.' or 'Oh man I can't believe they didn't choke.  What luck.'  you have an incredibly pessimistic way of rooting for us.

Oh and WVU is all but a lock for the Gator or BCS, no less, unless ND knocks off USC and we lose to Pitt.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

I am still hoping WVU gets to the BCS game and wins. Hopefully, BC slips up against Syracuse or Temple.WVU lost the game to BC on special teams IMO. That punt return for a TD may have took alot out of WVU.

if any wvu fans are offended then i regret the post

this was not the response i expected from your team this year with so much on the line

no more wvu choking posts from me!

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

the wrap on wv is that they can't win

and it seems true