• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What we learned in the Big East, Week 2

Stier

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

5. South Florida isn't there yet: The best thing you can say about the Bulls right now is they're 2-0. But it's hardly an impressive 2-0. They were in a battle into the fourth quarter with FBS newbie Western Kentucky on Saturday before using two late touchdowns to pull away 35-13. Special teams have been sloppy and the offense has been hit or miss. South Florida doesn't look ready yet for Florida State in two weeks -- or beyond. "Playing them [Western Kentucky] isn't anything in the world like playing in the Big East, not even in the hemisphere," coach Jim Leavitt said. "I guess it's pretty good when we're disappointed and we won. The Big East is a lot better than all this stuff."'

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/2541/what-we-learned-in-the-big-east-week-2

• Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

I dont know  what to take from Leavitts comments.

• Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

I dont know  what to take from Leavitts comments.

Yeah, no doubt, since we don't exactly dominate the Big East (yet). If WKU is not even in the same hemisphere, and yet we played, well, not exactly great, what does that say?

• Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

I guess it means that USF is not playing up to the level of the BIG EAST yet. Maybe he is aknowledging that USF is holding the playbook back for the FSU and BIG EAST schedule. Who knows as he has that physcology background. It is hard to figure Leavitt out to tell you the truth.

Archived