• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mosley Diagnosed with Cancer

Guest HowieP1

Guest HowieP1

Men's Basketball Player Diagnosed with Cancer

TAMPA, Fla. (Friday, Nov. 12) - Bradley Mosley, a senior guard on the University of South Florida basketball team, has been diagnosed with renal cell cancer and will miss the 2004-05 season while he undergoes treatment at Moffitt Cancer Center on the USF campus.

“Our team and staff are extremely saddened to learn of Bradley’s diagnosis,†said USF coach Robert McCullum. “As sad as we are, our sadness is certainly surpassed by our support and our hope and our confidence that Bradley will overcome this and that he will be another survivor. We are confident that through prayer, through medical treatment and through his own strength and determination as well as that of his family and friends, the basketball program and the university at large, he will win this battle just as he has won so many other battles up to this point.

“The administration stands fully prepared to assist Bradley and his family however possible. We all wish him the best. He will certainly be missed by our team and our program and not just because of what he contributed on the court but for what he is as a person and how he approached both basketball and his pursuit of a degree at USF.

“And lastly, this is a deeply personal matter for Bradley and his family so therefore we wish that members of the media would respect his privacy and that of his family. That is their wishes as well as ours.â€Â

Mosley has not practiced with the team since October 24 and a biopsy on November 8 revealed the cancer.

He joined the USF team in 2003 after two seasons at Daytona Beach Community College. He is also a graduate of Dwyer High School in West Palm Beach. In 2003-04, he was the only USF player to start every game, averaging 36.9 minutes per outing. He played all 40 minutes in 12 of the Bulls’ final 14 games. He was the team’s second leading scorer with 14.6 points per game.

http://gobulls.usf.edu/Sports/News.asp?i=1124&s=Basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Get well soon Bradley.  The Normals are praying for you.

Normal

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Get well Bradley! Our prayers are with you!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Yikes... anytime someone uses the term "rare form" when talking about cancer is a bad bad bad bad thing.  Hope he can beat the odds!

Good thing, if there can be one, Moffitt is the place to be... 2nd to none facility.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Bradley, the thoughts and prayers of many, including myself and my family go to you and your family. This battle is just another extension of that 3 point line in life. YOU TOO will conquer this. Be well my friend. Be strong!    The Reap

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Prayers are with you, Bradley!  Looking forward to seeing you back!