• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JC SF J.P. Olukemi commits

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Everybody on and around campus should show him some love while he's here. This is one of the top JC players in the nation and he plays a position of need. JP has down to Okie State, USF, and maybe OU. He visited Oklahoma St last weekend so his process could end very quickly. What's unique about Jean Paul is unlike most JC players he'll have 3 years to play instead of 2.

This strong, athletic wing can do a lot of everything well. J.P. is a hungry scorer who can put the ball in the basket in a variety of ways: he loves to drive to the basket get in the lane and use his power, he can post up and score inside, and he even knocked down the open 3-pointer. He excels in the open floor as he handles the ball or fills the lane for the finish. He rebounds like a man on both ends of the floor.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Sounds like a great catch, if we can reel him in without the line snapping.  We've been using line that is a bit too light though.  Hopefully stan went to the tackle shop and upgraded :)

Trigonis Tidbits:

Olukemi Blazes Way To Top of JC Ranks

(September 11, 2009)

Playing on a team loaded with a future NBA lottery pick like Brandon Jennings (Milwaukee Bucks) and several other high major players like Renaldo Woolridge (Tennessee), Leonard Washington (USC), Jeff Withey (Kansas) and Darius Morris (Michigan), 6’6†swingman JP Olukemi (Vincennes JC IN) may not have been the most well-known member of a Belmont Shore squad that outlasted a 224 team field to capture the 2007 Rbk Summer Championships in Las Vegas NV, but he was as important a factor as any player in Belmont Shore’s success in that event.  Attacking the rim with force and confidence as well as knocking down timely perimeter shots, JP would be an unsung hero that July in Las Vegas.

However, the La Habra CA native would travel a different road to Division I status than the other teammates on that championship team, making a JC pit stop at Vincennes - averaging over 15 ppg (shooting 52 % from the field) and improving immensely over the course of his freshman year in 2008-09.  Over this past summer, JP was outstanding at Jerry Mullen’s Top 120 JC Camp in July earning praise from the coaches and scouts present including national JC scout Mike Mitchell who pegged him as the #1 swingman returning to the JC ranks this fall and proclaimed him as an “unquestioned upper-major.†

More importantly, JP has also got the job done in the classroom – putting himself on course to obtain his AA degree a semester early (he will graduate from Vincennes in December 2009).  Since he has decided to sit out this upcoming season, he has become a valuable JC recruit at the moment in light of the fact that he is expecting to enroll at his school of choice in the Spring semester of 2010 and suit up the following fall with 3 full seasons of eligibility remaining.  High-major schools have lined to pursue this athletic wing forward with Oklahoma State (likely leader), Oklahoma, Providence, South Florida (will visit this weekend), Auburn and UAB among the growing list of schools that are very interested in this impact JC transfer.……..……….…

http://www.fullctpress.net/09ttsept11.html

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Why dwowarp?  So you can come on the board and call him a loser if he misses a shot or makes a turnover next year?  ::)

Normal

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Why dwowarp?  So you can come on the board and call him a loser if he misses a shot or makes a turnover next year?   ::)

Normal

sorry, thats how i am as a fan. i root for the same team as you but i show my emotions differently. get over it and bite me.

and that post has nothing to do with the topic or what i was talking about. just you trying to start trouble.

Vega,

Any updates on how the visit went?

Been trying to chase down that story since Monday, but so far nothing. Hopefully Greg will make the call and get the latest. If I find something I'll post here.

Opps!!! It looks like Olukemi is going to visit USF this weekend according to the latest article on USFnation. Scouthoops had Olukemi visiting last weekend so no one killed the messenger. Well according to that article we have a great chance to secure a verbel from Olukemi when he visits this weekend so stay tuned.

Archived