• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sporting News gives USF biggest blame for decline of the Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Three points

1) If the author wants to rag on the Big East, he might want to blame the ACC for raiding the conference.

2) The BE would have no problem beating the MWC or WAC. The top teams (Utah, BYU, Boise St) might be good games, but team for team, not even close.

3) Cincinnati gets no blame. Did he forget that the conference champs, with their stout defense, got completely embarressed by VT?

Look, we get it. The Big East has issues but it's still a **** good conference.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

Good point, Matt.

Although we're not the only ones who mention it... the media will until we do something else remarkable.

Of all the collapses that happened in 2007 -- how many #2 teams lost a week later 4? 5? -- ours is the one people still talk about.

How many of those #2 teams finished the year unranked?

• Content Count:  1,757

Three points

1) If the author wants to rag on the Big East, he might want to blame the ACC for raiding the conference.

2) The BE would have no problem beating the MWC or WAC. The top teams (Utah, BYU, Boise St) might be good games, but team for team, not even close.

3) Cincinnati gets no blame. Did he forget that the conference champs, with their stout defense, got completely embarressed by VT?

Look, we get it. The Big East has issues but it's still a **** good conference.

Cinci's stout defense was honestly amazing in that game. I could not believe VT didn't put more points on the board. They were on the field for 40 minutes because of Cinci's anemic offense. Pike through 4 interceptions and gave VT the ball near the end zone on a couple of occasions

• Content Count:  849

Wonder why lot of people think SEC is the strongest conference.  The fact of the matter is that the Big East is the only (of 13) Division I college football conferences with a winning record against the Southeastern Conference (SEC) since 1990.

The Gators haven't traveled outside the state of Florida for a regular-season, nonconference game since 1991 and haven't travel west of Mississippi since 1983!!!!!!

The reason the SEC is the best conference because they have a built in recruiting base....I know recruiting rankings aren't everything but they recruit the highest coveted players as a conference....

according to scout.com....the SEC has had the number one recruiting rankings as a conference since 2002, they bring in the most top 100 players, 5 stars...etc...its just a fact.

Its not like they have any better coaching than any other conference but you're going to win more often than not if you have the best players.

The fact that every school has a long history whether its winning or losing, also helps. Their media contracts are a big boost for them.

They control all of the money and have the best players in their backyards....which is why I respect what teams like USC, Miami, Texas, Oklahoma(I don't respect them that much) because they don't have the conference prestige nor the money as a conference to match the SEC...

P.S. I know that Texas, USC, Oklahoma have large athletic budgets but its not because of their conference

Archived