• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Storm Johnson... RBs.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/832024.html

We were one of his earlier offers as you can see and he plays for Buford, Ga. (same schools D. Murray played for) but 4-Star RB Storm Johnson has already made his decision and committed to the LSU Tigers. He was probably one of the best backs in the southeast and I was hoping we could pull another one out of Georgia but oh well.

We already have a commitment from Tiger but are we after any other running backs? Eduardo Clements is thought to be an FSU lock but is just playing everyone right now ala Bryce Brown so I don't even consider him. I don't think we were recruiting him but Decatur, Ga. RB Kendrun Malcome committed to UGA yesterday so that is another one gone. Local RB Deering has an offer from us but I don't know much on our chances there. Tevin Drake has spent a lot of time at USF camps and games the last couple years and he was the overall most outstanding player at Miami's camp recently and he has an offer from only UM, FAU and FIU - Anyone thinks he gets an offer from USF? He can play..

• Content Count:  1,037

Tevin Drake has a very nice highlight reel. He's always getting positive yards, has GREAT vision, good hands, and runs with a mean streak. He's a bit on the slow side but still adequate for his size and he can work on that. I think he should get an offer from us, especially since he is a local kid. I hope CJL offers soon.... he might end up being better than Tiger Powell after his senior year....

• Content Count:  622

I know I am biased but I think he is already better than Tiger.

I know scout has been posting articles about the SuperBull camp daily so I sent Larry a message asking about this. Here is what he said..

"Hi there, I saw Tevin and spoke to him briefly at the camp. I think he was one of the top performers there. I know the staff likes him, but don't know if an offer came out of the camp. Also every coach went on vacation for 2.5 weeks the day after the camp, and wont meet to reveiw the film and make offers until around July 10th (right before the Sling n Shoot camp). Tevin is definitely on the board though.

BTW, even though he's listed as a back, I see Deering as more of a receiver than a back..."

And looking at the depth chart and what Coach Canales has been saying about the RB situation I think USF could be a much better fit. But who knows..

Archived