• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  292
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure if this has been talked about or not, but what was the issue with JL and Royal last night?

They were sure yelling back and forth at each other.  If Royal was showing up JL, he should have been sent to the locker room.  I know that he was called again for another bonehead unsportsman-like penalty which he has been known for.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

If he were my player and he ignored me and blew past me...only to cuss me out on the sideline and whine like a little girl....I'd have never allowed back in the stadium...much less on the field.

What a jerk with NO disipline!!  Leavitt just gives into these kids...it was obvious who rules USF's roost...and it ain't Leavitt!!  At least not with this kid.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

If he were my player and he ignored me and blew past me...only to cuss me out on the sideline and whine like a little girl....I'd have never allowed back in the stadium...much less on the field.

What a whiny, fatherless thug with NO disipline!!  Leavitt just gives into these kids...it was obvious who rules USF's roost...and it ain't Leavitt!!

SHOO!!! Go build a college football program from scratch and then come back with your whining.

CJL ain't perfect but he obviously knows what he's doing to have gotten us where we are. Now, scat .......!

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  382

They even pointed it out during the Sportscenter highlights.  In fact, I think they spent more time showing it than Hall running for 275 yds.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365

I agree with goldenbuc.  Can't let your players do that.  What does it show for the program? Especially when it was on ESPN.  I would not have let him back on the field. Character of the team is more important then 1 player getting on the field. This shows that Leavitt is letting things slip.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

They even pointed it out during the Sportscenter highlights.  In fact, I think they spent more time showing it than Hall running for 275 yds.

Sadly, that's what sells .............

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I like CJL, but his letting Royal back on the field was an embarrasment.  To have it happen when the game isn't on Natl TV is 1 thing but for the ENTIRE NATION to see it and then see the guy back out on the field is absolutely inexcusable.  He didn't need to be in there and WE didn't need him in there.  If Seth were to ever let a player back in a game after a display like that this board would be in total meltdown mode, calling for the coach's head.....Not trying to bring his name back up but people need to recognize the similiarities between these two programs and the danger that it can spell for our very young and potentially good football program.  We have a lot of Fr. and So. on this team and for this behavior to not be punished right then and there sets a horrible example.  

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

I actually was happy for Leavitt when he took him out!  But after he disrespected his coach...I hoped Leavitt would just send him to the showers.

I hate to see players anywhere disrespect their coaches.  JL probably will remember this next time.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

There's going to be a CJL radio show tonight and I think someone ought to call in and ask him about:

1) Royal's outburst and ultimate return to the game.  Why a coach didn't get in his face and tell him to shut up and think about how his PF hurt the team.

2) Where the 'senior leadership' was when we jumped up and down on the Louisville logo.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

You know, it is possible that Royal wasn't yelling at CJL but was yelling at the officials that called the penalty.  CJL may have been turning around to tell him to shut up about it, rather than having an actual discussion.

I saw Sarosi and Hall say a couple words to Royal, but it didn't look like they were trying to shut him up.  It looked more like they were saying, "let it go."

It didn't seem like the announcers were reading Royals lips... none of us really knows for sure what was being said.

Still, I hope someone asks CJL about it tonight. If I miss it, could someone post his response?

Go Bulls!