• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mixed Martial Arts (FEDOR!!!)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  470
  • Days Won:  0

I hope this falls under the category of "General Sports" as indicated by this section's title.

I am a crazy gym rat and have in the past few years fell in love with Mixed Martial Arts. As it is getting really popular in Tampa, it might be worthwhile to start discussion about the sport here. I know there are others on this forum who share my passion for MMA (I even recall someone having a sig image of the world's greatest fighter submitting God to an arm-bar).

So, on that note, I present to everyone the single best video ever created for getting intense pre-workout. Which, as a matter of fact, I am doing now (it is only rivaled by the USF / Kansas highlight video with the Motley Crue backing; also epic!!) AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! INTENSITY!!! If u see me in Lifestyles on Tampa Palms, ignore my madness :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE7diB6Z5TY

Ah, I should give a headsup that the previous video has a quote (written, not spoken) with a single obscene word.  Just a disclaimer for those of you whom are protective about those sorts of things. 

But while I am here, I will give you one more.  This one is clean, other than the butt-whippings that the world's baddest man hands out throughout the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBsZkxlgoRk

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I love me some MMA and i was the guy who had Fedorbot 5000 putting God in an arm bar.  If i didn't have two ACL reconstructions i would really maybe start looking to try to get into some MMA or grappling classes but ACL reconstruction and the rehab that follows are not something i want to have to go through a 3rd time. 

What do you think about Mir Vs Lesnar?

I love me some MMA and i was the guy who had Fedorbot 5000 putting God in an arm bar.  If i didn't have two ACL reconstructions i would really maybe start looking to try to get into some MMA or grappling classes but ACL reconstruction and the rehab that follows are not something i want to have to go through a 3rd time.   

What do you think about Mir Vs Lesnar?

Well, I didn't see Mir / Lesnar I, but I know the results.  I have to admit that Lesnar has incredible size and adequate skills and is probably going to be a stud.  But the hype around him is repulsive.  I don't know a ton about MMA but when I know more than someone I am discussing the sport with, I get annoyed quickly by the "OMG Lesnar iz awezome!!!" comments.  These comments usually come from the same people who were on the Kimbo Slice bandwagon.  Sometimes hype like this can deteriorate the sport and take from the more deserving guys.  I have a good video of Fedor just messing around, doing Sambo with a sparring partner and his technique is so good that to know he can combine it with such stunning violence is... I don't know, frightening. 

So, I guess I am pulling for Mir just to quell some of the hype.  In either case, UFC 100 is going to be stacked. 

I'd like to get into the sport a little bit too, but classes are currently out of my price range. 

I know I am spamming the hell out of my own thread, but... well.. I just feel like it.

I finally watched the Lesnar / Mir fight in its entirety. I don't know how I hadn't before.  It is available here: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/181213/

Alright, Lesnar was beating the hell out of Mir.  Chances are that he'll do it again.  Knowing what I know now, I will put my money on Lesnar but pull for Mir.

But going back to my favorite fighter: Fedor, of course.  If Lesnar remains susceptible to submissions (especially from the guard), he will never be able to succeed against Fedor.  I mean, if the dream bout were to ever happen (thanks Dana).  If Mir can sustain Lesnar's punishment, I know Fedor can.  And I would rate Fedor's submission ability above Mir's, so by all counts, Fedor > Lesnar.

Hopefully Mir / Lesnar will be epic.  I am incredibly excited for that match!

I know I am spamming the hell out of my own thread, but... well.. I just feel like it.

I finally watched the Lesnar / Mir fight in its entirety. I don't know how I hadn't before.  It is available here: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/181213/

Alright, Lesnar was beating the hell out of Mir.   Chances are that he'll do it again.  Knowing what I know now, I will put my money on Lesnar but pull for Mir.

But going back to my favorite fighter: Fedor, of course.  If Lesnar remains susceptible to submissions (especially from the guard), he will never be able to succeed against Fedor.  I mean, if the dream bout were to ever happen (thanks Dana).  If Mir can sustain Lesnar's punishment, I know Fedor can.  And I would rate Fedor's submission ability above Mir's, so by all counts, Fedor > Lesnar.

Hopefully Mir / Lesnar will be epic.  I am incredibly excited for that match!

Fedor beats Lesnar anyway he wants to.  Im still not sold on Brocks chin either as it has never been tested. 

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

I don't really watch MMA and didn't know who Fedor was until the other day. I was watching Sports Science on FSN and they had Fedor on there. They were measuring and comparing the choke hold of Fedor and the constricting power of a python. Fedor had a 10 second sustained 500 pounds of pressure and the python only had 40 pounds. Then like an idiot the host of the show agreed to be choked unconscious by Fedor. 

And both of those videos are gone already

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone catching UFC 98 tonight?

Hughes over Serra.  That's about all I care about.  I guess I hope Machida wins, but some of his fights drive me nuts from a viewing / enjoyment perspective.

Anyone catching UFC 98 tonight?

Hughes over Serra.  That's about all I care about.  I guess I hope Machida wins, but some of his fights drive me nuts from a viewing / enjoyment perspective.

Im sure you enjoyed Machida's vicious KO of Evans!  I really don't see Machida losing a fight at LHW for quiet some time. 

Archived