• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OK, my nerves are getting jangly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

I sure would like to see an official announcement from GoUSFBulls.com that Famous' LOI is in hand.  With McMurphy's blog post indicating that Hipsher is leaving to be associate coach at Bama, I would like to for sure have the Famous LOI in hand.  I don't mind Hipsher going to Bama...it is a good move for him.  As Vega has noted many times, some new recruiting blood might not be a bad tonic for USF basketball.  We need some young bucks that get after it.  We need a FL presence too.  Especially with Isiah "You look nice in that tight dress" Thomas hitting the recruiting trails in the state.

Let's finish strong with Famous (LOI in hand), Fitzpatrick and another scorer or PG.  Then we can worry about the coaching additions.  And my nerves can rest awhile.

Normal

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Actually, Hipsher was more Coach than recruiter. He was often the "bad cop" in Heath's "good cap/bad cop" style of coaching. I'm happy about Samuels leaving, but Heath is really going to have to work hard to bring in a good X's and O's kind of assistant. From what I've heard, coaching isn't Heath's strong suit.

• Content Count:  219

Actually, Hipsher was more Coach than recruiter. He was often the "bad cop" in Heath's "good cap/bad cop" style of coaching. I'm happy about Samuels leaving, but Heath is really going to have to work hard to bring in a good X's and O's kind of assistant. From what I've heard, coaching isn't Heath's strong suit.

So, is he more of a motivator? It kind of explains why we have poor execution with some fundamental issues.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

At the practices that I saw, it was mostly Hipsher doing the disciplining and the teaching of certain fundamentals. Heath has a more laid-back approach, which works well when he has someone as intense as a Dan Hipsher at his side. That's why I think Heath will probably have to find someone with a strong background and experience to counter his style of "motivation."

• Content Count:  1,797

My nerves feel much better after the last two days.  ;D

Coach Heath will find an ex-head coach to complement his style of coaching.  He needs to find a coach that recruits Florida.

Normal

Archived