• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Linebacker breakdown

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I'm not sure why people are talking about Barrington competing for minutes but not Lattimore they're both pretty dang good. I don't think any of the freshman LBs will make the field though, we seem to expect a lot out of our linebackers. The only reason the freshman will get in is if guys like Robinson don't do what they're supposed to (which has a good probability but I'll try to be optimistic).

I agree, With Wilson, Joseph, Robinson and Spires we have a solid 4. Add the addition of J.Williams and maybe Sanchez and I doubt any of the true frosh see much time. I doubt Barrington takes a redshirt, he will need some experience because he might start in 2010.

and apparently Lanaris has had a very good spring.

Yeah he looked really good during the spring game too. 

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Leavitt wants to look at J Williams and Barrington specifically to play OUTSIDE LB, which is the position that is most up in the air at the moment. He believes that both DeDe and Griffiths are better suited to play inside LB, where we seem to have more depth. He also said that both Giddins and Forte are athletic enough that they could also play OLB, but he doesn't expect to use them there.

You can listen to his April 15th intervew where he discusses those things and more.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=3720760

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Mama-Bull...our 2009 preview is free this year. Gets released Thursday and USF is in the initial release. Trying to square up some minute details which is why I love to come here.

Todd, thanks for the free preview. LOL

http://www.nationalchamps.net/2009/sub/previews/southflorida.htm

• Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

Well, how is the preview? Did we miss something on the coverage?

Thanks for all the help here with the LBs.

I don't think too many of you thought the Bulls would wind up in the Top 25. Most of the earliest polls we saw didn't have them there. Obviously, it is impossible to put any stock into actual rankings once you get to this point. You can easily swap the #46 team with the #26 team on any given Saturday and then some. Not too many starters back and I have questions with the OL as most here seem to have as well.

I am looking to see if Grothe can have his best passing season of his four year career. We really stressed that there is enough talent here at the offensive skill positions that he should not have to do it alone. I also want to see Ford stay healthy to see if all the hype was factual.

We did say that USF would beat either Miami or FSU or both. At least the games should be very tight.

Archived