• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6-11 Center Jarrid Famous

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

To visit South Florida for the weekend of March 27th.

Jarrid Famous, the 6-foot-11 center out of Westchester (N.Y.) Community College, plans to visit South Florida later this month.

“I’m visiting South Florida on the 27th [of March] for the weekend,†Famous said.

Famous visited Seton Hall last fall and recently made his first official visit of the spring to Missouri, where he stayed with junior guard and Staten Island native Zaire Taylor.

He also plans to visit Xavier

“I don’t know what’s going on with that yet. They haven’t gotten in contact with me yet,†said Famous, the Mid-Hudson Conference and Region XV Player of the Year.

Famous has also mentioned potentially taking visits to Louisville, Villanova and UConn.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/03/14/famous-to-visit-south-florida/

6DhJ4TF6.jpg

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Fingers are crossed on this one!

Fingers are crossed on this one!

Searching stuff related to South Florida it seems like we will have several recruits in for that weekend.

If that's true then we need to cross everything and anything we can along with lots of praying that these guys decide they want to be a part of something that could be special when built.

• 3 weeks later...

Jarrid Famous, the 6-foot-11 center out of Westchester (N.Y.) Community College, visited South Florida this past weekend and is on the brink of cutting down his list.

He said he plans to visit Xavier the weekend of April 10 and could decide after that.

“I think after that I might just make my decision,†Famous said Wednesday by phone.

He has taken official visits to Seton Hall, Missouri and South Florida and unofficials to UConn, St. John’s and Villanova. All of those schools, along with Xavier, are in the mix, he said.

As for the South Florida visit, Famous enjoyed it.

“The South Florida trip was good,†said Famous, the Mid-Hudson Conference and Region XV Player of the Year. “I had a good time out there. Beautiful weather. I really enjoyed myself out there. They showed me a good time. I met the coach, the players, the academic adviser.â€

He said he plans no other officials after the Xavier trip.

“Not as of right now,†he said.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/04/01/jarrid-famous-narrowing-list/#more-14319

• 2 weeks later...

Famous has  South Florida and Missouri as his leaders with Arizona and a few others trying to hang in there.

He also is scheduled to visit Arizona next weekend but the Wilcats just picked up a commitment from a highly ranked center in Kyryl Natyazhko out of Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy. That certainly helps us and I'll tell you why. Apparently Famous wants to wear shorts all the time and the warm weather is really playing a part is his decision. Arizona has great weather to so hopfully their recent commitment will hurt them in the battle of the warm states.

Missouri's recent success is what they're using with Famous and besides the weather USF is also a school close enough to Jarrid's family. Pittsburgh has just come into play with a recent offer, but I donty know if coming this late will have much of an impact with Famous.

Thank you Vega for keeping us updated on these guys.  Any word on how Bryant or Montreal's visit went?

If they don't sign with us before taking other visits then I'll be a little shock if we get them. Make no mistake we need them both.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Well Montreal is visiting Boise... but it is very close to where he lives right now... so ???

Archived