• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Inaugural Season Game Worn Jersey

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

I was listening to 97x this morning and they have an upcoming online auction benefiting the Moffitt Cancer Center. Apparently, they have a game worn jersey from the first USF game played. The host mentioned he really wanted it and didn't think it would garner that much interest and so he would go ahead and buy it. He mentioned he would put it up for auction if someone e-mailed him. The other details I caught were that it is professionally framed and its the jersey of the guy who made the first tackle and sack (don't have his name). This individual also autographed it. He said he would pay $500 for it. If anyone wants this to go to auction respond to this and I will let 97x know that there is interest...

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

i'm pretty sure there would be interest in it if it were up for auction.

someone paid a few yards for a complete set of inaugural season programs on eBay, so i can't see how this wouldn't generate interest.

this guy at 97x clearly doesn't know how insanely dedicated many members of Bulls Nation can be.

if i didn't have other priorities for my tax return money, i'd be willing to pony up a few big ones for the jersey myself.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

I was gonna guess Hay, but it seems to be Avery.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah, I heard Fisher (the host) talking about that this morning.

They actually got that jersey 2 years ago as a trade for tickets to the big WVU game at home then.  I don't remember who gave it to them, but that is where it came from.

I listen to 97x every morning.  Beats the crap out of MGay.

He is going to auction it. I received an e-mail from him a few hours back getting confirmation. Should be an awesome item to add to the collection for whoever wins it! I'll post an update with additional details once I hear something.

• Content Count:  490

He is going to auction it. I received an e-mail from him a few hours back getting confirmation. Should be an awesome item to add to the collection for whoever wins it! I'll post an update with additional details once I hear something.

Yes, please do!

I might be interested in making an offer for it myself!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

Really would love to make a run at this ... but as with most, things are tight.

Will they take "quarterly payments"  ;)

Great cause!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, per your guys requests the auction for the  Jersey is up and running. Looks like we have until Friday morning at 10 am to get our bids in. I just put in the first!

http://97xonline.com/morningx/auction.html

• Content Count:  1,387

Winning Bid: $375  :o

Archived