• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We are in Marve's "Final 4"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  573
  • Days Won:  0

JPP cannot go to FSU or any other ACC school or SEC school.  He hasn't been in Junior College long enough. 

It's between us, Nebraska, and Kansas State.

Can you confirm this? Link maybe?

Unless you are "special" you couldn't read the link anyways, just know that what he says is true. 

Don't know that I would use the word "special"  ;)

I think its inappropriate for anyone to post premium content regardless if they were told of it by their grandmothers friends uncle.  I'm a monthly subscriber but I'll probably cancel after NSD and re-up later on.  I don't care for myself but people work hard to provide inside info and that info should not be disseminated freely.

Which is why nobody was asking for premium info... That was random.

I believe you disclosed premium content.  If not then I'm grown enough to apologize but I think you should provide a free link for everyone to access.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  573

i dont see the problem with it. I dont think that is any precious information.

Of course not.  You didn't do the work to get it.

• Content Count:  1,894

i mean i have scout, I personally don't see a problem with saying a few things about people sometimes. People like to hear it, it keeps good discussion on the board.

• Content Count:  106

Understanding the performance at UM was not outstanding, he was a redshirt freshman.

In regards to his high school career (which I also hold below his college performance) he would be the most decorated player ever at USF (arguably more so than Ryan Giddens).

From his UM bio...

HIGH SCHOOL: Florida's Mr. Football in 2006 and a member of the Parade All-America team...Pro-style quarterback who also can run...Set Florida state single-season records in 2006, breaking Tim Tebow's marks for passing yards (4,380) and touchdowns (48), and broke a 31-year year old state record for completions (280)...Son of Eugene Marve, who was a linebacker for 12 years with the Buffalo Bills, San Diego Chargers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers...As a senior, completed 280 of 421 passes (66.5 percent), with just 13 interceptions...In the Class 4A state championship game, helped his team to victory with 30 completions in 46 attempts for 305 yard and three TDs...As a junior in 2005, passed for 1,813 yards and 14 touchdowns on 103 of 187 passing...He also rushed for 393 yards and three scores...Started for the first time as a sophomore, when he threw for 903 yards and seven TDs...Runs the 40-yard dash in 4.65 seconds...Rated the No. 8 quarterback in the nation and No. 20 on the Florida Top 100 by Rivals.com...Scout.com rated him the No. 14 quarterback, the No. 77 player in the nation and the No. 5 player on the Florida Hot 100...Rated the No. 11 quarterback by SuperPrep...Member of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Super Southern 100...Ranked the No. 5 player in the state by the Orlando Sentinel, the No. 6 player by the St. Petersburg Times and the No. 14 player on the Tampa Tribune "Best of the South"...Chose Miami over Alabama...Coached by Robert Weiner.

So would I take him?  Yes. The potential is tremendous and our QB pantry isn't exactly stocked (to say the least).

A cancer- can't be sure of that yet.  Overbearing father, probably.  Let's let CJL decide if he is worth it.  That is the litmus test for me.

• Content Count:  3,403

you guys are too much sometimes.  you guys get all psyched when a 2-star recruit commits to us, but when a legit 4-star athlete wants to come here, regardless of his background, you guys shoo him away.  as you say, potential prospects read these message boards, so pick your words carefully.  this guy was highly regarded out of high school and even more than BJ daniels, so it's foolish to turn away talent like his.  keep your mouths shut and welcome him with open arms.. we NEED talent like this.. local 4-star tampa kids.

His on the field performance does not over come his off the field problems and his obviously over involved dad.

whether he comes here to start (which i hope happens) or comes here as a backup, it will be the most talented QB staff we've ever had at USF with him on board, so i dont understand why you'd turn him down.. robert marve, mr. florida in football who took PLANT (yes, THAT plant team) undefeated and to a state title vs. some dude named evan landi, some 2-star athlete that no one has ever heard of aside from USF green and gold goggled people who think every recruit to sign with us is the next joe montana in the making?  i'll take Mr. Florida and the State Titles that he brings.

You value HIGH SCHOOL accolades more than i do when it comes to players that i have seen play at the college level.  Marve did not impress me at all from the PT i saw him get at miami this year.  You can keep harping on high school accolades that he got 2 YEARS AGO ill take his missteps off the field and his dad using cancer as an excuse for Marve to be "closer to home"  then says that 3 his top 4 are all schools that are VERY far away (Ok state, Purdue, Tx Tech).  The kid couldn't beat out Harris at Miami and got in trouble multiple times off the field and then took his situation public with Shannon to try to get a release to UF (yes, that's where he wanted to be that was close to home).  If this kid doesn't scream locker room cancer i don't know what does.  If you can't at least recognize why i wouldn't want him anywhere near our locker room you are just being ignorant. 

Not only that, but Mr. Obsessed With Star Rankings should realize that BJ Daniels, Robert Marve, and Jacory Harris were all 5.8 on rivals.  Jacory Harris beat Marve out with a year less experience.  On Scout, Marve was 4 stars and the other 2 were 3 stars, and yet, again, Harris beat him out with a year less experience.

i mean i have scout, I personally don't see a problem with saying a few things about people sometimes. People like to hear it, it keeps good discussion on the board.

people do indeed like to hear it, so much they might want to pay for it...

• Content Count:  106

you guys are too much sometimes.  you guys get all psyched when a 2-star recruit commits to us, but when a legit 4-star athlete wants to come here, regardless of his background, you guys shoo him away.  as you say, potential prospects read these message boards, so pick your words carefully.  this guy was highly regarded out of high school and even more than BJ daniels, so it's foolish to turn away talent like his.  keep your mouths shut and welcome him with open arms.. we NEED talent like this.. local 4-star tampa kids.

His on the field performance does not over come his off the field problems and his obviously over involved dad.

whether he comes here to start (which i hope happens) or comes here as a backup, it will be the most talented QB staff we've ever had at USF with him on board, so i dont understand why you'd turn him down.. robert marve, mr. florida in football who took PLANT (yes, THAT plant team) undefeated and to a state title vs. some dude named evan landi, some 2-star athlete that no one has ever heard of aside from USF green and gold goggled people who think every recruit to sign with us is the next joe montana in the making?  i'll take Mr. Florida and the State Titles that he brings.

Evan Landi?  Thought he played in Coral Springs. 

Plant beat Neese in the finals.

http://www.fhsaa.org/fb/2006/brak4.htm

Evan Landi?  Thought he played in Coral Springs. 

Plant beat Neese in the finals.

http://www.fhsaa.org/fb/2006/brak4.htm

I think he meant that we'd take evan landi over the guy that went to the state title, marve.  He's ignoring Bj Daniels that was rated the same as Harris and Marve on rivals, and we are only positive about Landi because of things people have heard from the coaches themselves.  No one has made up any hype about him.  Most people thought he'd switch to safety but he has apparently impressed the coaches.  the guys with all the tampa teams as his screen name clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

• Content Count:  211

I hear all this negative press about this marve kid and I don't really understand it.  Has he actually done anything to warrant such negativity towards him?  Isn't he a student athlete, just like the rest of the student athletes? 

Personally, I have no reason to think he would be a "cancer" in the locker room.  I have not seen anything in this thread or in other threads that provides evidence that he is a trouble maker.  Unless someone can haul out some hard data, my guess would be that the kids biggest problem is that he is OVER-criticized. Personally, I find it almost offensive to hear how much you all hate this kid. 

so out with it,  give me some evidence or forever be held in my low esteem. 

Archived