• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Three Questions...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

I think we come away with:

Hosley

Savala

Gordon

Scruggs

I would also not be surprised to see a new name not on my list come up before signing day and to add them. 

Disclaimer: I don't have any info about anyone not on the list it's just a gut feeling. 

Yeah, those would also seemingly be the best 4 to get if we can only get 4.  If it's 5, I would add JPP because of recent news, but those 4 are hopefully more likely because they'd be my top 4 wants, I think...I dunno, JPP might be higher as a want.

It will be interesting to see what happens, though.  I'm kind of hoping we run out of scholarships and have to shift some people around.  Hopefully some of these guys start committing so we can get to that point since we don't seem far away already.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Christopher Stock seems to think that Gordon is going to join his teammate at Pitt. Yesterday, Pitt got a big time LB, so I don't know if that will impact his decision.

As to the original question about Denard Robinson, Stock thinks he'll end up at Michigan:

Robinson top uncommitted prospect in county

January 25, 2009

National Signing Day is Feb. 4, less than two weeks away, and a number of players are taking their final visits as they prepare to make their college decisions.

Deerfield Beach quarterback Denard Robinson, ranked fourth in the Broward County Top 25, is the top uncommitted prospect in the county.

Robinson has held an offer to Florida for quite some time. While the Florida faithful remain positive Robinson will be a Gator, it appears more and more likely that Robinson will choose Michigan.

Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez needs a dual-threat quarterback in his system, and Robinson could be that guy. Rodriguez has told Robinson that he could be the next Pat White, who starred for Rodriguez at West Virginia.

Also in play for Michigan is Robinson's teammate, defensive back Adrian Witty, ranked 25th in the Broward Top 25. Witty rebounded from a torn ACL in 2007 to finish with 50 tackles and an interception during his senior campaign. The two likely will head to the same school.

Another pair that is likely headed to the same school is Cypress Bay running back Jason Douglas, ranked 17th, and linebacker Shane Gordon, ranked 14th.

Douglas verbally committed to Pittsburgh in November while Gordon remains uncommitted. Gordon had Auburn high on his list initially, but with the coaching change he has since dropped Auburn. Word is he is headed to Pittsburgh. South Florida, Mississippi and Louisville are also possible destinations.

Everglades linebacker Roderic Blunt, ranked 12th, recently took a trip to Clemson with his father Rodney, who is 14th on Clemson's all-time rushing list after playing with the Tigers from 1989-93.

"I had a real good time," said Blunt of his trip. "I just want to go on all of my other visits, bundle everything up, discuss it with my father and I'll make my decision."

Blunt finished his senior year with 120 tackles, five sacks and four forced fumbles. He is also considering FIU and Middle Tennessee State.

Broward County's top two offensive linemen recently made verbal commitments. American Heritage's Jared Wheeler picked Miami over Vanderbilt, and South Broward's Steven Jacques switched his commitment to South Florida from Auburn.

While there are a number of well-known prospects in the area, there are always a number of sleepers that pop up late in the recruiting process. St. Thomas Aquinas reserve defensive back Dezmen Southward fits that mold this year. Southward is a physical specimen at 6 feet 1 and 200 pounds, with 4.39 speed in the 40-yard dash.

Southward had never played football before his senior year, but decided to give it a shot and finished with 20 tackles and two fumble recoveries. Southward claims offers from Wisconsin, Syracuse and Connecticut, with the Badgers leading for his services.

Christopher Stock can be reached at stock@insidetheu.com

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/broward/sfl-flspbrrecruit25sbjan25,0,7154091.story

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

ROFL @ Robinson playing QB at Michigan.  Tate Forcier is light years ahead of robinson as a QB. 

Archived