• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Three Questions...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  20
  • Days Won:  0

-Does anyone know what prospects are still set to visit, and when?

-Any info on Denard Robinson?

-I counted 16 red-shirt freshman on USF's own website roster. Did we manage to redshirt all those players?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

-Does anyone know what prospects are still set to visit, and when?

-Any info on Denard Robinson?

-I counted 16 red-shirt freshman on USF's own website roster. Did we manage to redshirt all those players?

There is a non premium article on one player who set up a visit with USF:

Thompson Seeks Certainty 

By Joel McCarty

Scout.com Intern

Posted Jan 23, 2009 

Martez Thompson is still committed to the Golden Eagles of Southern Miss. Thompson says that he would still like to take his visits, “just to make sure.†He is currently scheduled to visit South Florida and is working on Oklahoma. USM has been Thompson’s only visit to date.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=2&c=833032

I don't know the current situation with Denard Robinson, other than he wants to play QB somewhere.

We may end with more than 16 redshirts, if the medical redshirts are all granted. This was from Greg's blog on Dec 31:

Leavitt said USF is seeking medical redshirts for four true freshmen who played in games this season but suffered significant injuries early enough to have a chance to regain a year of eligibility: quarterback B.J. Daniels (wrist), defensive tackle Cory Grissom (leg), linebacker LaDre Watkins (knee) and receiver Daniel Bryant (groin). All four meet the NCAA's requirements for seeking a medical redshirt -- we've previously reported all but Bryant, who played in only two games, logging one punt return for 6 yards.

If the medical redshirts are granted as expected, USF will have been able to redshirt all but two members of its freshman class -- kicker Maikon Bonani and tackle Danous Estenor.

Posted by Greg Auman at 10:20:29 PM on December 31, 2008

• Content Count:  20

We may end with more than 16 redshirts, if the medical redshirts are all granted. This was from Greg's blog on Dec 31:

Leavitt said USF is seeking medical redshirts for four true freshmen who played in games this season but suffered significant injuries early enough to have a chance to regain a year of eligibility: quarterback B.J. Daniels (wrist), defensive tackle Cory Grissom (leg), linebacker LaDre Watkins (knee) and receiver Daniel Bryant (groin). All four meet the NCAA's requirements for seeking a medical redshirt -- we've previously reported all but Bryant, who played in only two games, logging one punt return for 6 yards.

If the medical redshirts are granted as expected, USF will have been able to redshirt all but two members of its freshman class -- kicker Maikon Bonani and tackle Danous Estenor.

Posted by Greg Auman at 10:20:29 PM on December 31, 2008

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I haven't heard anything to suggest Denard Robinson is still in play/on the board for the us. The board seems to be in no particular order. 

DeDe Lattimore

Shane Gordon

Carlos Savala

Lamar Scruggs

Sam Barrington

Sterling Griffin

Jayron Hosley

Jason Pierre-Paul

Kayvon Webster

Mike Marry

Of course things can always change as classes around the country start to fill up and some kids may have their offers pulled from their current schools. 

• Content Count:  3,403

I haven't heard anything to suggest Denard Robinson is still in play/on the board for the us. The board seems to be in no particular order. 

DeDe Lattimore

Shane Gordon

Carlos Savala

Lamar Scruggs

Sam Barrington

Sterling Griffin

Jayron Hosley

Jason Pierre-Paul

Kayvon Webster

Mike Marry

Of course things can always change as classes around the country start to fill up and some kids may have their offers pulled from their current schools. 

And Mike Lang, I think.

• Content Count:  573

According to Dozers list who do we get?  Any guess?  I can only think of Hosley and Savala.  The rest seem be a coin flip or even leaning away from us. 

DeDe Lattimore

Shane Gordon

Carlos Savala

Lamar Scruggs

Sam Barrington

Sterling Griffin

Jayron Hosley

Jason Pierre-Paul

Kayvon Webster

Mike Marry

Mike Lang

I think we come away with:

Hosley

Savala

Gordon

Scruggs

I would also not be surprised to see a new name not on my list come up before signing day and to add them. 

Disclaimer: I don't have any info about anyone not on the list it's just a gut feeling. 

• Content Count:  573

Hosley

Savala

Gordon

Scruggs

I would also not be surprised to see a new name not on my list come up before signing day and to add them. 

Disclaimer: I don't have any info about anyone not on the list it's just a gut feeling. 

I was thinking that Scruggs was out.  He has a lot of offers and he's not local.  Gordon is iffy to me but he's more local I believe.

Hosley

Savala

Gordon

Scruggs

I was thinking that Scruggs was out.  He has a lot of offers and he's not local.  Gordon is iffy to me but he's more local I believe.

There are sources out there that say its South Carolina and us.  Also via premium content that i can't post the coaching staff feels pretty good about Scruggs.   

Hosley

Savala

Gordon

Scruggs

Scruggs is actually be closer Geographically (Jacksonville) than Gordon (Miami-metro area). 

Archived