• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

embarassing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Thuggery should never be acceptable and is an indication of low or no class.  Granted these guys are young, but character is something that the coaching staff can and should develop by reducing playing time for people who fail to grasp the concepts of hard work and sportsmanship.  

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bulls house

A lot of our problem players our upper classmen.  Gipson for example.  The younger guys are giving great effort but they are not ready yet.  we played 17 freshmen last night

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

It is almost seems like to me that at practice during the week the coaching staff focuses on the biggest problem of the game they played that week and nothing else.

TCU we had 18 penalties, the next game with S Miss that was under control so they obviously worked on that, But with S Miss we had a hard time running the ball, so lets work on running this week, then Army 300+ yards on the ground, can't pass for $#!^.  So we work on that during practice and they come out throwing the ball at Louisville, unfortunetly every pass was dropped, but you can start to see the trend.

I also don't see any gameplan.  Every team has different schemes, different strengths and weaknesses ect... But we always seem to run the same offense, and play the same defense no matter who we play.  It is like there is no gameplan being worked on during the week.  Does anyone else see this too?

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

Just another quick point on the gameplan...it is more than just looking at the NCAA stats and seeing Army give up 250 yards on the ground per game, it is looking at hours of game film, seeing what kind of offensive plays they run, and of the plays they run what do they have success with.  What kind of of Defensive packages they come out with, and what you should counter with that.  

It also includes any man to man match-ups you can try to take advantage of.  I can't think of any specific match-ups this season because I havent watched thing that closely, I have been too upset at times to keep that close an eye on things.  But last year there countless times when Huey who was what 6'6?  Was played man to man, by a defender who was lucky if he was 5'9.  And this would happen throughout the game on numerous occassions, and i'm sure if you watched game film you would see this happened to other teams they played earlier in the season, but we NEVER took advantage of this.  Just look at the stats from last year and see how many balls Huey caught, not many at all.

But this should have been something that they saw during the week when making the gameplan, and designed a play specifically for that sitution in the case that, that match-up would occur, and have the team prepared.  You could even have the QB look for it and call an audible. (I know this is a lot to ask of PJ with the way he has been playing, but still you see the point.)

But I see none of these type of things.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we aren't close to miami in talent

and all th etrash talking looks stupid because we suck so bad

why do coaches allow players to do this?

will any sportswriter address this issue?

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

#19 Gibson is not acting cool at all. Just to let some of you know, Gibson lost his brother to a heroic tragedy. His brother drowned because he saved another family. You would think Gibson would put life in perspective and not act like a punk when he is playing on the field. Bottom line is that it is not only Gibson doing all this punk stuff. Jumping on someone elses logo to get them fired up is just plain stupid and punk like. If Leavitt does not correct this by next season, we are in big trouble. Guru, you are right again.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

Sad but on the Money.  Before you can trash talk you have to win and be able to back it up.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

trash talk has no place on the field of play. now after a major upset win may be a different story

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365

Concur, trash  talk is not needed whether you are way up or certainly way down.  I don't allow my guys to do it and i jump their Sh$% if I hear them doing it in a game.  It doesn't serve a purpose.  The guy that kicks the crap out of you and then helps you up so that he can do it again is much more intimidating.  Other then gibson, I don't believe the senior class is at fault.  You have to many 5th year seniors who want nothing more then a conf. championship and a bowl game - all of which are quickly slipping away.