• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF steps up diabetes initiative/research

USFan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

More USF news concerning research...

USF steps up diabetes initiative, Krischer to fill endowed chair

Tampa Bay Business Journal

University of South Florida plans to begin recruiting a team of researchers, educators, scientists and health care professionals after naming Jeffrey Krischer to fill a $1.4 million Endowed Chair in Diabetes Research at USF Health.

The university-bestowed endowment will build upon the success of the Diabetes and Pediatrics Epidemiology Centers directed by Krischer, USF said in a release.

Krischer, professor and chief of epidemiology in the department of pediatrics, directs more than 50 researchers with expertise in developing and applying new technologies and informatics to medicine. His team has attracted $389 million in research funding to USF.

USF will use the endowed chair position as a catalyst for private donations and additional endowments to support a campus-wide, fully integrated signature program in diabetes and autoimmune disorders, the release said. The university plans to begin recruiting an interdisciplinary team of basic, translational and clinical researchers, educators, physician-scientists and health care professionals needed to establish a multi-use clinical research center and diabetes education center at USF Health’s north campus.

USF Health includes the colleges of medicine, nursing and public health; the schools of biomedical sciences, physical therapy and rehabilitation services; and the USF Physicians Group.

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/stories/2008/12/01/daily10.html

Archived