• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How far fetched is it?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

Usf vs Fsu....if we win out 8-4...FSU has marlyand and Florida next..0-2..that makes them 7-5...can we meet up? would be enticing

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

that assumes we win out... have you watched the last 5 games?

• Content Count:  1,297

Yes......and we killed cuse.  ;)

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

You need a short memory to be a USF fan!

Usf vs Fsu....if we win out 8-4...FSU has marlyand and Florida next..0-2..that makes them 7-5...can we meet up? would be enticing

It is very far fetched.  The only bowl we "could" see the Noles would be the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

However, with Cincy, Pitt, and probably WVU ahead of USF in overall record... I can't see USF being selected to go to Charlotte.

Moreover, the folks in Charlotte, North Carolina would not want to see two Florida teams playing each other.  They will need a more local team (right now I would think Va Tech or UNC) to sell tickets... FSU fans don't travel that well and we know USF fans don't.

USF will be in St Pete if we win a game.

• Content Count:  667

USF will be in St Pete if we win a game.

even if we lose out, i think we're headed to st. pete.  i think this is the main reason why our team has given up-- our destiny was already sealed before the RU game.

• Content Count:  667

ok, st.pete it is, but we have to win one more to go to st.pete,6-6 might nnot cut it

i think it will.  this is just my opinion, but as long as we're bowl eligible, st. pete will take us because they know we will fill seats.  its like the honolulu bowl taking hawaii.  it would be bad business not to.  and i think USF knew this, that's why our boys gave up.

• Content Count:  1,894

thas pathetic it that is the case, I'm all for seeing them play here in st.pete so I can go, but this is about pride. If we lose our next two, the players aren't showing any respect to the coaching staff and themselves. That is, if we look like our effort isn't up to par!, not because we aren't good enough. We might not be good enough to beat these two teams, but we better show up to play or we are going to get routed in both games. If that happens, CJL better have the fire extinquisher because his seat is getting hot!!!

ok, st.pete it is, but we have to win one more to go to st.pete,6-6 might nnot cut it

i think it will.  this is just my opinion, but as long as we're bowl eligible, st. pete will take us because they know we will fill seats.  its like the honolulu bowl taking hawaii.  it would be bad business not to.  and i think USF knew this, that's why our boys gave up.

The problem is if there is a 7-win Big East team available, they have to go before USF.

The Big East has six bowls.  There are four teams with 7 wins or more: Cincy, Pitt, WVU, and U Conn.  That leaves two bowls for the rest of the Big East.  If Rutgers beats Louisville, that is five teams with 7+ wins... and that would be all there could be if USF loses out.

So, six bowls and at most five 7-win teams seems like USF would be a lock for St. Pete.

Ah, but there sits Notre Dame.  A win today (currently losing 10-6 in the 2nd qtr) would give the Irish 7 wins.  According to Brett McMurphy's research - a 7-win Irish could be selected by the Gator Bowl over a 9-win Big East team.

If the Irish take the Gator/Sun slot, then there would be 5 remaining Big East slots... and as noted above, a possibility of five 7-win Big East teams.

NCAA rules say the 7-win teams all get bowls before a 6-6 USF.

So, it remains quite possible for USF to lose our and stay home.

We need Syracuse to win today OR one more USF win to guarantee the St. Pete Bowl trip.

Archived