• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Carlton Williams to LB?!?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Where'd you get 17 LBs from? There's like 11, counting Mompremier (injured) and four who are redshirting as freshmen.

There's functionally five linebackers on this team right now: McKenzie, Wilson, Joseph, Robinson and McQueen. I don't think any other players on roster have taken snaps at linebacker.

Carlton Williams has been the nickel defensive back the last three games -- they take out the strongside linebacker and replace him with a fifth defensive back ...

that seems like a ridicously  low number

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

I like the move. He has more ballhawking skills than most of our LB's and he is one of the best tacklers on the team. Right now any change is good.

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Where'd you get 17 LBs from? There's like 11, counting Mompremier (injured) and four who are redshirting as freshmen.

There's functionally five linebackers on this team right now: McKenzie, Wilson, Joseph, Robinson and McQueen. I don't think any other players on roster have taken snaps at linebacker.

Carlton Williams has been the nickel defensive back the last three games -- they take out the strongside linebacker and replace him with a fifth defensive back ...

My memory failed me. I was wrong there were 14 on the roster, of course that included the injured, the quitters and red shirt freshmen.

Football - 2008 Roster & Bios

52    Darr, Lucas            LB  5-10  202  So.  Clearwater, FL (Countryside HS)

50    Geaney, Chase         LB 6-0 203 Fr. Fort Lauderale, FL (St. Thomas Aquinas HS)

43    Joseph, Sabbath      LB 6-0 230 So. Miami, FL (Central HS)

55    Lanaris, Michael         LB 6-0 230 Fr. Lake Mary, FL (Lake Mary HS)

54    Luberice, Kenneth LB 6-0 235 RFr. Boca Raton, FL (Spanish River HS)

27    McKenzie, Tyrone LB 6-2 235 Sr. Riverview, FL (Riverview HS)

57    McQueen, Alonzo LB 6-1 235 So. Jacksonville, FL (Lee HS)

53    Mompremier, Brouce LB 6-1 230 Sr. Miami, FL (Edison HS)

56    Peoples, Marvin         LB 6-2 242 Jr. Apopka, FL (Maryland) (Apopka HS)

49    Robinson, Chris         LB 6-3 245 Jr. Bunnell, FL (Flagler Palm Coast HS)

51    Sanchez, Armando LB 5-11 215 Fr. St. Petersburg, FL (Northeast HS)

44    Taylor, Quavon         LB 6-0 198 Fr. Miami, FL (Northwestern HS)

47    Watkins, LaDre         LB 6-2 203 Fr. Tampa, FL (Wharton HS)

42    Wilson, Kion         LB 6-2 235 Jr. Jacksonville, FL (Pearl River CC) (Raines HS)

http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=37330&SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&SORT_ORDER=6&Q_SEASON=2008&PRINTABLE_PAGE=

Seeing as 3 that take the field at a time I guess its moot whether its 6, 11, 14 or 17.  I think that near the end of the season (Game 10) there should be someone prepared and qualified to step in and play. How do they ever get "snaps" and get qualified if they do not play now when the seasons goals are lying on the roadside like so many armadillos? Apparently they never do . . . that may also have something to do with the quitters.

I guess we have 22 guys ready to play and if any of them get injured we just fold up like a tent. That's alright because college football is known for its lack of injuries.

• Content Count:  1,894

I hope q-taylor gets on the field next year, get that MNW..football going, need him to get some friends up here...He has a knack for the ball..

Plus we got ole miss transfer lb coming...

and a few more in this class..

I say get some talented freshman and lets get them on the field next year.

Talked to someone on the team who told me that we have to look out for Lejiste next year being a player..said he looks reallllly good. listed as Db but he could play other positions.

We need to devlop these kids like Miami..with low expectations..time is now

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

There is no Ole Miss transfer coming. Scottie Williams expressed an interest in transferring to USF in August, but wound up at Southern Miss.

• Content Count:  1,894

Thanks Greg..your right.. got the names mixed up...well I look forward to Hill then, lol different position, but I'm likin him too.

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

No problem. Anthony Hill is a defensive tackle from Pensacola who had signed with Florida State. He'll enroll in January.

• Content Count:  1,400

I hope q-taylor gets on the field next year, get that MNW..football going, need him to get some friends up here...He has a knack for the ball..

Plus we got ole miss transfer lb coming...

and a few more in this class..

I say get some talented freshman and lets get them on the field next year.

Talked to someone on the team who told me that we have to look out for Lejiste next year being a player..said he looks reallllly good. listed as Db but he could play other positions.

We need to devlop these kids like Miami..with low expectations..time is now

Yeah the Ole miss LB is gone and Q Taylor is in the coaches dog house as he doesnt like to show up to classes or practices

Archived