• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

4-Star LB wants USF Offer

Brad

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The lowest recruiting budget is because we have a ton of talent within a 2hour drive.  Also, flights to miami aren't that expensive.

I agree that coaching, especially offensively, needs to improve.

As for big-time recruits, our classes get better every year.  This year's will be the best ever.  So many of our kids have legit BCS offers.

Also, Kenyatta Jones was a big recruit for us given our newness, as was Mike Jenkins who had SEC offers.  Carlton Hill was a huge recruit, but couldn't keep his head on straight.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Matt Grothe didn't have the stars, but he was the Old Spice national player of the year... so i'd say that is pretty good honor.  He committed to us so early, that his stars didn't get the chance to baloon lilke all the other kids that stay uncommitted or commit to bigger name schools.

We'll eventually open the flood gates, but i think we have to prove it on the field first by winning with the preceived lower talent.

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

I hope so...I know it takes time, it just seems like we "should" be getting even better recruits regardless of our age and stuff because we have alot to offer. I know it's hard so I don't want it to sound like I think it should be easy, but I see Miami get these kids who are defensive tackles and linebackers out there as true freshman and they are huge. I know its miami yea yea yea but there are plenty of kids to go around.

yea this is already on the other board, and he said he could possibly get his friend to come with him another 4 star recruit who is his right hand man. Yet, we have not offered. If we lose this kid we are not doing our job.

• Content Count:  431

Ah, I missed that since it was a week old. I didn't realize it was a follow-up to an earlier story. Still, it's good to see it revisited. I'm sure the staff is aware and evaluating him.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Yes, because there have never been 4-star scrubs who committed to SEC schools.  Why bother evaluating him?

4 star scrub is an oxymoron. Always thinking stars don't matter is why we are mediocre. The more stars...the better they are most of the time. We should jump at any 4 star recruits we can get, and the fact that he committed to a pretty good coach over there says enough to me. Don't be fooled because some recruits that we get have poor coaching and don't develop or get the chance to on the field that stars dont mean anything.

• Content Count:  1,037

The kid has already been evaluated by people who get paid to evaluate talent. We should offer him ASAP. After the UCONN game we will have a bye week. There's no reason both of these players shouldn't have offers by then. If they don't sign them they aren't doing their job. If you watch highlight reels on Rivals or Scout 4 star players always look like future NFL prospects. We need to fill our roster with them. They also garner national attention for the program. 

Archived