• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PG Eric Bledsoe

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Top 10 PG Eric Bledsoe has USF in is his top 3 along with UAB and Alabama. Memphis and Baylor are trying to get him to wait until the spring to sign because both are in on John Wall the nation's top PG and overall player. However Bledsoe could pull the trigger at anytime between now and the end of the early signing period.

This might mean something or it might not but I have to post it because USF is solidly in the mix.

Dave Telep wrote this on Scout.com yesterday:

We’re just a day away and Eric Bledsoe is still unsure what he’s going to do. As of last night the former Mississippi commit was still undecided on signing during the early period. According to someone close to the situation, Alabama, UAB and South Florida are strong in the mix. Memphis and Baylor are trying to get him to wait until the spring.

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Wouldn't it be nice if this had something to do with Belardo deciding to transfer?  Too much to hope for I suppose.

Normal

A little something on a high priority recruit that has us in his top 3.

http://www.al.com/birminghamnews/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports/1227086253165180.xml&coll=2

Named the No.5 Super Senior by The Birmingham News - "something that really surprised me," Bledsoe said - he's on a lot of recruiting lists. Ole Miss had him for a fleeting moment with an oral commitment after a recruiting trip, but he changed his mind. UAB, Alabama, South Florida and Memphis are all in the mix; the one with the upper hand might come from the school that puts his home life before his on-court life.

"It's starting to get intense, and it's good and bad," Bledsoe said. "I like getting the calls, but the bad part is it's getting on my mom's (Maureen Reddick) nerves. They call late at night, and it's driving her crazy."

• 3 months later...

-Bump-

Btw check out the list for Eric Bledsoe, do we even have a chance?

Cincinnati 

Duke  

Florida

Kentucky

Memphis  

Oregon 

South Florida   

Tennessee 

That's right Duke is now getting very interested in Bledsoe now. This guy is good folks and it shows you the importance of having good true PG on your team.

Bledsoe expecting important visitor

Four-star point guard Eric Bledsoe is having a strong run through the Alabama playoffs. Numerous teams have checked in on him lately, and one of the premier programs will be at his region finals game on Friday.

Bledsoe, a 6-foot, 160-pound point guard from Birmingham (Ala.) Parker High School, is seeing his college options increase with every game during his senior year. Four schools have recently offered him after seeing him play, and one of his favorite schools is now recruiting him.

“Duke is supposed to watch my game tomorrow,†Bledsoe told Rivals.com. “I’ve been liking Duke for a long time. I never thought they would call. I’ve talked to Coach James and Coach K, and they are saying I need to come visit.â€

Bledsoe fully understands that at this point he is a back up to John Wall as far as Duke and Memphis are concerned, but he does have offers from Cincinnati, Florida, Kentucky, Ole Miss, South Florida and Tennessee.

Recently Cincinnati, Florida, Kentucky, Oregon and Tennessee have watched Bledsoe play while he has averaged 20 points, seven assists and five rebounds during his team’s playoff run.

With more schools getting in on his recruitment, Bledsoe considers himself wide open and in no hurry to make a decision. And although uncertainty about his academics led to a late start in his recruitment, Bledsoe is confident he will qualify.

After the season Bledsoe has all five of his official visits at his disposal.

With his stock on the rise, Bledsoe is presently the No. 12 ranked point guard and No. 67 ranked prospect in the Rivals150.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=rivals-278086&prov=rivals&type=lgns

Archived