• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

out coached...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

So if it wasnt being out coached then what was it?  The only postion we got significantly weaker at from last year was  the secondary.  Sure QB is a weak position, but its the same QB tandem that we had last year so that is no excuse, Receivers is also a push to me, no significant changes there.  ....

So the Secondary, and Special teams are the only units that suffered a major loss, certainly not enough to justify the huuuuge turnaround from last seasons game to this seasons game.

Huh? The sad news is that it is that the QB - or in our case lack thereof - is the pivotal point on your offense.  And if receivers are  " a wash" , how bout Julmiste going for something like 1 for 15. So which is it? QB or receiver...or ... dare I say it...BOTH!

Sorry amigo, but the USF team we are working with this year is not as athletic, talented, skilled as last year - and last year we were hanging on by the skin of our teeth to win games (remember ECU?). Un uh...this is by no stretch of the imagaination the same - or comperable team - to which we've grown accustomed.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  80
  • Days Won:  0

Well I have a hard time believing that we lack talent.  

Seems to me each year people say that our recruiting class is better than it was the previous year.  So if that's true, and our talent has not improved, then who is at fault for that?  The coaches recruited the players, didn't they?

As far as development.  There has been none at QB.  The O-line, which should be one of our strengths, is inconsistent.  The D-line, which should be another strength, has been unable to pressure the opposing QB nor has it tackled well.  In fact overall, our tackling seems to get worse each week.

So I don't know that we were out-coached during the Louisville game.  But we may be getting out-coached in our overall player development.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

cb- the smog may be getting to me and yes i coach football.this year i am coaching 8th graders as i do not have the time to coach freshman

i will be getting an offer to be DC for varsity at same     for next season  I believe.

cb- i know football and we have major coaching problems,scheme problems,talent problems and attitude problems.

it is obvious

i received this type of criticism when i was one of the  first to be critical of seth so i am used to it

eventually most of you came around

cb it seems that you don't know the game very well

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

Wooly, my point was we have the same QB as we did last year, so how can you use that as an excuse as to why we were blown out of the stadium this season when we won last season.

Guest CollegeCard
I have to agree with smazza on this one, granted UL is a better team this year, but remember, we beat them last year, LAST YEAR, one year ago...not that much has changed on either team, coaching players.  Both UL and USF has a majority of returning players from last season, its not like we graduated 22 starters or something.  

I wasnt expecting to win, but I certainly wasnt expecting to get blown out.  And as for the 41 points, it could have been 70 if UL wanted it that way.  

So if it wasnt being out coached then what was it?  The only postion we got significantly weaker at from last year was  the secondary.  Sure QB is a weak position, but its the same QB tandem that we had last year so that is no excuse, Receivers is also a push to me, no significant changes there.  Granted we graduated a couple starters, but last year we only had 2 or 3 reliable guys to go to, this year there are 4 or 5 decent targets, just not as talented as say a Huey W but I think the positive and negative cancel each other out there, besides the WR's were pretty much a non factor last season anyways.  At RB we are obviousely better.  The entire O-line returned.  LB's are very strong.  

So the Secondary, and Special teams are the only units that suffered a major loss, certainly not enough to justify the huuuuge turnaround from last seasons game to this seasons game.

I'd be kidding myself if I said I thought USF was better this year than last year. The Bulls are down this year. And I know your troubles are not just UofL game related as shown by the Army loss. But as far as comparing our two games in the series UofL is MUCH better this year in almost every aspect. More mature, more disciplined, new Def. Coor. who is a ton better at using the players we have. Even the O was great last year but they are even better. LeFors is #1 in the nation in QB Ratings after Friday. As well, Petrino is only 6-4 on the road/neutral in his 2 years but is 8-1 at home so that makes a difference.

Point being, some of the opponents are just improved, like Army, combined with even minimal backsliding on the Bulls part will make it tough in some games. You aren't down enough though to prevent a good year in 2005.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Its a sad thing when a UL poster has to tell us how things really are and this is not meant to be a knock on CollegeCard.  I think he is very accurate.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Wooly, my point was we have the same QB as we did last year, so how can you use that as an excuse as to why we were blown out of the stadium this season when we won last season.

Defense was better and wr's were better .............