• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greg Gregory

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Did any of you guys watch the game and I mean truly watch it?  We were worked over on the line on both sides of the ball.  Frankly, I am so disappointed in the defensive line play that I am ready to spit right now.  Louisville's quick scores and our inability to control the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball meant that we were throwing.....period. Face it, our defense this year is as soft as a down pillow and we are truly missing the services of Dan McCartney on the defensive line. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Play calling really wasn't that bad today - play execution was awful.  The fact that the O-line lets the D-line 4 yards into the backfield on every running play is not Gregory's fault.  The fact that receivers can't figure out who to block on bubble screens is not Gregory's fault.

Long list of people resposnible for this loss (and this season) but you have to read down pretty far before you get to Gregory.

For one thing, if ou D is on the field with the lead and less then 5 minutes they have to protect it.  The fact that twice now the D has failed to hold a late-game lead is unacceptable.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We have no pass rush this year.

• Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

Play calling really wasn't that bad today - play execution was awful.  The fact that the O-line lets the D-line 4 yards into the backfield on every running play is not Gregory's fault.  The fact that receivers can't figure out who to block on bubble screens is not Gregory's fault.

Long list of people resposnible for this loss (and this season) but you have to read down pretty far before you get to Gregory.

For one thing, if ou D is on the field with the lead and less then 5 minutes they have to protect it.  The fact that twice now the D has failed to hold a late-game lead is unacceptable.

"4 yards into the backfield on every running play"?? You mean ALL 14 of them? No, not ONE RB that had 14 carries, but our WHOLE RB roster had a TOTAL of 14 carries! Yeah, that has NOTHING to do with the offensive game plan. Be sure to tell Greg hi for me when he comes over to your house tonight after the flight from Louisville.

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner!!!!!

• Content Count:  282

Memphis ran for 130 yards on Lville and we only rush the ball 14 times???!! Really? GREAT gameplan. I thought we had 5 RBs that are great. Why not USE THEM? Gregory AND Leavitt are to blame. I remember after the Cuse game hearing Leavitt say when asked about the rhyme and reason of when they use a given RB in a situation (and I quote) "I'm not sure how they determine who they are going to use on any given down, but the formula is working." I'm not sure?? You are the HEAD COACH!!

Horrible game and horrible game plan.

like i said, coach franks decides the RB personnel

Then fire Gregory and Franks!!!!

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner!!!!!

Patrick and Gregory should be on the hot seat. 

"4 yards into the backfield on every running play"?? You mean ALL 14 of them? No, not ONE RB that had 14 carries, but our WHOLE RB roster had a TOTAL of 14 carries! Yeah, that has NOTHING to do with the offensive game plan. Be sure to tell Greg hi for me when he comes over to your house tonight after the flight from Louisville.

Dude, you are clueless.  Grouper's analysis is right on the money.  Our defense has lost us two late game leads in games where they were seriously outplayed up front and in on the deep end.  And this is against putz teams.  This is the reality......deal with it if you can.

• Content Count:  126

This is college football man not the pro's. There is high turnover in personnel. The defense is rebuilding. We have 10 starters back on offense...our O is the best it has ever been, and we have four senior lineman. Watch this game then watch the Pitt game tell me what they did was different. We have a lights out offense this year and they had to go 47 for the W and they laid an egg. 3 and out... in fact they managed to go backwards.  He had great field position twice against Pitt and went 3 and out late in the game then too. Gregory is at the very top of the list.

• Content Count:  637

It's funny how we ignored our lack of a pass rush against teams like UTM and UCF as "keeping the playbook closed" and against KU as not stacking the box against a prolific passing QB.

The signs have been here all season, the pass rush...for whatever reason...is gone. Probably a combination of new lineman, a poor secondary we can no longer rely on, and the d-line coaching changes.

Archived