• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dejected Alumni

mutt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Recently I’ve learned that there will be only 4 tents representing chapters/ societies at the Bulls Roast this Homecoming and I can’t tell you how much of a disappointment it is for me. Homecoming above all else, is a time for everyone to come together from around the country and show how they represent USF.  Before , when homecoming festivities were at HCC, there was much more involvement from the chaps/socs., even if it was just a table. Now, it feels like there is only a handful who care to do anything to spread the word…  I fully understand that times are tight, but it seems like the AA is making it more and more unaccessable to the same people it says it supports. Please tell me that whoever directs homecoming sees that it isn’t working…   Chaps/socs. make the decision not to participate in homecoming because of money.

So…   What’s to be done?  How do we get alumni to participate?  Could/should it be moved to another location?  Why can’t chaps/socs bring their own tents and set up where the Bull Zone is   I know they want to save that area for vendors, but there is space.  Chaps and socs. should feel like it’s their duty to represent themselves during homecoming .  Bottom line is,..  There isn’t any reason we couldn’t attract every alumn from the corners of the earth for one day. Granted, It’s  a real pain to create excitement, but if you make it more available to everyone, they will return…       Enthusiasm is contagious. 

-Mutt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,335
  • Days Won:  10

Control freaks who want to hold things back and are afraid of making a mistake.

Archived