• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe > Tebow in CNNSI Heisman Watch (includes Grothe highlight clip!)

GarySJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

Grothe needs to keep running his numbers up!

• Content Count:  387

Never thought Matt would have a shot at the pros even though he's been spectacular in college.

Now I see him starting on Sundays. He keeps improving and it seems the tougher the competition, the better he plays.

• Content Count:  3,403

Yeah, Grothe has more rushing yards per game and more passing yards per game than Tebow.

The real competition for dual-threat QB this year so far is that old stand-by Colt McCoy, who was in competition with Grothe for freshman all-american 2 years ago, or at least best freshman QB.  I guess Sam Bradford ended up winning that battle, though.

Colt is beating Grothe stat-wise so far, but the only thing that matters usually is who goes undefeated.  Last year, everyone lost so Tebow was able to win based on stats.

Unfortunately because of location and economy, I haven't been able to watch all the games, but for those who watched it in person: Is Grothe looking alot faster than before?

I know he lost weight and said he felt faster at the beginning of the season, but the highlights I saw Grothe scrambling at NC State convinced me he is moving much faster than before.

I'm happy he is our QB, thats for **** sure.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah, Grothe has more rushing yards per game and more passing yards per game than Tebow.

Colt is beating Grothe stat-wise so far, but the only thing that matters usually is who goes undefeated.  Last year, everyone lost so Tebow was able to win based on stats.

Matt could have had better stats if he had played the entire first game and if he had more than 4 pass attempts in the second half of the FIU game.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Nice video clip.  I loved the TD run at Pitt.

Archived