• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FirstDibz

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Anybody else purchased "dibz" for BCS tickets on FristDibz.com yet?

I know it's still early, but with the way the Big East looks this year, I like our chances.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

Can you elaborate on these? I have heard bits and pieces about it but I want to know how it works.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Can you elaborate on these? I have heard bits and pieces about it but I want to know how it works.

It's an outfit that basically guarantees you tickets to a BCS bowl should your team make it.  You pay a fee to FirstDibz (not too bad) for their service, and you can sell your dibz to other fans down the road should it look like things are imploding for your team.

Since I'm no longer a season ticket holder (living in Virginia now) I thought it would be worth paying the fee to guarantee tickets since it looks like this could be a very special season.  And trust me...fans will positively COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK if we lock up a BCS bowl berth...Tampa Bay sports fans are notorious bandwagoners. 

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

No, but I did bet on the BULLS to win the BE and NC. Big spender. $10.00 each.

Some friends went to Vegas back in August, Gave'em a $20 and went all in!

Big spender. Maybe I'll win enough to buy my tickets.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  2,307

Can't people just buy them through athletics?  I mean, they'll have 15k tickets or so....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

Can't people just buy them through athletics?  I mean, they'll have 15k tickets or so....

i dont think i would have enough priority points. the big donors would all want tickets.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

i dont think i would have enough priority points. the big donors would all want tickets.

Same here.

And since -- as I said -- all the bandwagon fans would come out of the woodwork the day the tickets went on sale, I figure this is a relatively affordable way for me to guarantee a couple tickets.

• Content Count:  1,981

I'm sure there will be plenty of tickets available. All of us at the bottom of the Priority Points' list thought we wouldn't get tickets for UCF and FIU and we all ended up getting them. Bigger game, but 15K tix is still a lot!

• Content Count:  2,307

Exactly.  If everyone was able to get UCF tickets then I'm sure we could all get some if we make the BCS.  I'm sure they'll limit people again.  We must always buy through USF!

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I'm sure there will be plenty of tickets available. All of us at the bottom of the Priority Points' list thought we wouldn't get tickets for UCF and FIU and we all ended up getting them. Bigger game, but 15K tix is still a lot!

You're underestimating the impact of the Tampa Bay sports fan...biggest bunch of bandwagoners in the sports world.

Archived