• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rays playoff batting order?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Is it? Upton with his lacklaster running, and amazing strikeouts. Oh, and let's not even talk about CC who refuses to play anywhere but LF and his less than stellar bat and base running this year. Yeah, right.

Apparently Perez was running too fast for you to catch him get to first on a throw 99% of other MLB players couldn't run out.

Perez is a burner.  and i like what i see out of him but it seems like your comments are spoken more out of spite for BJ and CC than talent of Perez.  CC and BJ are BOTH gold glove caliber defenders at their positions. 

you are so bent out of shape about "attitudes" keep letting the media gas you up buddy.  BJ is playing this season with a TORN labrum and still has more power than Perez.  way better arm strength than Perez.  and for all of BJ's K's he still has AMAZING on-base percentage. 

did you even know who Fernando Perez was before he got called up?  did you know that he had 156 K's in 129 games in the MINOR Leagues this season?  and only 58 walks?

meanwhile BJ has 126 K's in 136 games in the MAJORS and 91 walks.

keep on running your mouth without knowing what you are talking about.  you will fit in around here just perfect.

• Content Count:  4,016

Perez making the comments against him look foolish today. The guy is more of a complete player than Upton or CC. Sorry buds!

WOW.  that is a FOOLISH comment right there.

Is it? Upton with his lacklaster running, and amazing strikeouts. Oh, and let's not even talk about CC who refuses to play anywhere but LF and his less than stellar bat and base running this year. Yeah, right.

Apparently Perez was running too fast for you to catch him get to first on a throw 99% of other MLB players couldn't run out.

Perez is a nice looking pinch runner, but he was going against Carl Pavano, I do not want him in the game, and no owner would, in the playoffs against Dice K, Beckett, and Lester.  He was eaten alive by Lester.  Again, that's why he's a 'prospect' to judge him on 10-12 at bats, over other far more experienced and cagy veterans isn't fair.  It's Maddon's job to bring up the prospects and use them sparingly but in spots that will help their confidence and make them look good.  It's not to bring them up to be the every day hitter, and watch their averages go from .250 to .144 in two weeks.  My goodness, Longoria is one of the better minor league prospects I've seen play and even he struggled and hovered around .250 average and lower for most of this season.

This is all for not because Perez, and Dan Johnson will not be on the playoff roster, right now they're up and playing because teams can have 40 man rosters, but for the playoffs you've got to trim down to 25.  The only way Perez makes it is if Carl can't go, but even then I doubt they use him in lieu of Aybar who can platoon in the infield and outfield and has been really batting strong since being called up.  As of today Price will not even be on the playoff roster.

• Content Count:  12,293

price will be on the playoff roster. 

• Content Count:  71

The next three games will judge whether Perez and Johnson make the playoff roster or not. If Carl can't go, it's almost surely certain that Perez will make the roster and the team will choose between Aybar or Hinske to stay up. I say that because Zobrist can platoon all outfield spots, shortstop, and second while Hinske can play LF and RF along with 1B and 3B. Obviously Maddon is going to want to keep a speed runner up which is where Perez earns his spot.

And whoever said Price won't make the playoff roster, were you dropped by the doctor?

Archived