• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time for Gachette

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  90
  • Days Won:  0

Evidently CJL did not have a chance to visit the Bucs for more plays, cause we ran Hoobie the Boobie's plays once more. Again, the other team was laughing at us!!! Let's start a fire the Hobbie theBoobieNow. com!!! I'm tired of this clown!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

your sophomore QB won't be our qb next year because CJL will bring in someone that will take the job from him without a fight. if he doesn't CJL job will on the line.

3 years of an inept offense will not be tolerated by the alumni I assure you.

Smazza, do you know anything about football?  Anything about USF football?  All you do is get on here and spit out your vitriolic threats about our program.  Remember when you threatened to give up your season tickets because they might move a game to get it nationally televised?  Now, you're trying to threaten CJL's job.

You, sir, are an idiot.  I am glad there are a lot of REAL Bulls fans out there to counteract the rambling of a jerkoff like you.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

jack bryan or whoever you really are- PJ can't hit open receivers.he doesn't have "it".

your sophomore QB won't be our qb next year because CJL will bring in someone that will take the job from him without a fight. if he doesn't CJL job will on the line.

3 years of an inept offense will not be tolerated by the alumni I assure you

your ramblings about youth and inexperience are  bs excuses for failure.

PJ may or may not be the QB next year - depends on how good the newcomers are.  You have to remember that he ran the Wing T in high school and threw maybe 5 passes a game.  He needs time to develop.  USF missed on all its big time QB recruits over the past 3 years and is now paying the price while a kid who is not quite ready learns on the job.  He will be OK.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usfmikeb-you should keep your ear to the ground dummy.

the alumni won't tolerate medocrity in football that they have in basketball.

you are a still wet behind the ears.

no one is threatening anyone

cjl has a real problem with the offense and his coaches that he better fix next year

there were alot of real bull fans that supported seth greenberg for years.

i forgot more football than you know. someone that gets his allowance from his wife shouldn't call anyone an idiot or any other name for that matter

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

Forget Gachette, PJ or Ronnie Banks.  They're not the big problem.  Neither is a lack of talent.  We have plenty of talent and athleticism.  Our biggest problems are Mike Hobbie and Rod Smith.

Regarding Hobbie:

Southern Miss gives up an average of 169 rushing yards per game (that includes our pathetic 55 yards last night).  They only allow 148 yards passing (also including last night).  Common sense would say establish the run to open up the pass (like we did vs. TCU).  Did we do that?  No, of course not.  We went right back to the same old garbage offense which requires our weaknesses (Young QB and Receivers) to win the game.

What happened? 4 INTS.  USM controlling the ball for most of the game and us playing from behind.

Examples?

1st and goal from the 2 and we run a single back, 3 wide receiver set for THREE PLAYS and lose TWO yards at a point in the game where a TD really puts the pressure on USM.  Result a Field Goal.

Once again we pass downfield on 3rd and 2! And end up punting.

Most times that Andre Hall ran the ball, he was alone in the backfield. Even so, he still was 14 for 56 yards (4.0 yards per carry).

Regarding Rod Smith:

How good a QB coach can he be when the development of both Julmiste and Banks has been slow at best?

Basically we are wasting the talent we are recruiting.

I am sick of seeing our offense look pathetic and our defense getting worn out as the game progresses.  

Get rid of both Hobbie and Smith and Hobbie's gimmick offense too.

BINGO!

They gave up on the run too soon.  Andre Hall is USF's best player.  He must touch the ball at least 25 times a game.  The toss sweep and the 2 back set were successful, but they never went back to them in the 2nd half.  Committing to the run won the TCU game, but I guess the lesson didn't stick with Hobbie and Smith.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

i saw the game

if we had a qb that could hit open receivers we would have won this game

if we stop the penalties

if we had run the ball on the two yd line

if we took a shot in the endzone when we got the turnover

then we would have won this game

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

PJ  doesn't have it

this is the same crap they said about banks early last year

these guys are inept

you wait for PJ to develop you will lose most of the games

i would rather givew others a shot

why isn't louis g ready?

funny, fsu's 3rd string qb is ready?

most every other teams 3rd string qb is ready to step in

i haven't seen PJ's great arm strength everyone talks about

he don't have it

more bull hype

why is banks not ready as a 5th year senior?

why is pj not ready with full offseason to get ready?

why if we have poor QB we keep passing the ball?

COACHING.

NE won many NC running the ball

Wisconsin is top 25-top10 year in year out running the ball

so... why are we not running the ball?  coaching

Guest S.  Bien
Forget Gachette, PJ or Ronnie Banks.  They're not the big problem.  Neither is a lack of talent.  We have plenty of talent and athleticism.  Our biggest problems are Mike Hobbie and Rod Smith.

Regarding Hobbie:

Southern Miss gives up an average of 169 rushing yards per game (that includes our pathetic 55 yards last night).  They only allow 148 yards passing (also including last night).  Common sense would say establish the run to open up the pass (like we did vs. TCU).  Did we do that?  No, of course not.  We went right back to the same old garbage offense which requires our weaknesses (Young QB and Receivers) to win the game.

What happened? 4 INTS.  USM controlling the ball for most of the game and us playing from behind.

Examples?

1st and goal from the 2 and we run a single back, 3 wide receiver set for THREE PLAYS and lose TWO yards at a point in the game where a TD really puts the pressure on USM.  Result a Field Goal.

Once again we pass downfield on 3rd and 2! And end up punting.

Most times that Andre Hall ran the ball, he was alone in the backfield. Even so, he still was 14 for 56 yards (4.0 yards per carry).

Regarding Rod Smith:

How good a QB coach can he be when the development of both Julmiste and Banks has been slow at best?

Basically we are wasting the talent we are recruiting.

I am sick of seeing our offense look pathetic and our defense getting worn out as the game progresses.  

Get rid of both Hobbie and Smith and Hobbie's gimmick offense too.

HOG WASH.  Tonight it was about making plays and the players did not do that- in particular a few key plays.

Hobbie called a good game, USM stacked 8 in the box.  They saw the film of TCU, and decided they were not going to let Hall beat us.  They stacked the line and demanded PJ to beat us through the air.  They challenged us to beat them passing.  PJ had the time, the WR's were open, but we must make the passes, consistently, to beat USM.  They were begging us to beat them through the air, but until PJ made consistent passes we never gave them a reaso to drop more men into coverage and stop stacking the line.  Sorry, but the receivers were open and often PJ made the right reads (which was encouraging) but he didn't make the throws.

I can give you five pass plays that if PJ makes the pass it was a completely different ball game.

1.  The Garris INT that he bobbled.  If he gives Garris a touch pass, mark my words JB makes the man miss and gets yardage.  Then the game is 6-3 USF, not 6-3 USM.

2.  CJ Lewis was wide open sitting in the middle of the zone on a 3rd and 12.  He hits CJ instead of his feet and he's off to the races, and CJ had no one near him.

3.  Second and goal from the 2 after the botched punt.  He has a wide open Lipp that he forces the pass into the ground.  He makes that pass its 20-17, different ball game.

4.  Reugger on 3rd and 2 with 6 minutes left.  He hits a wide open Reugger instead of throwing an INT and Ruegger gets inside the 5, maybe scores- suddenly 27-20 with 5 minutes left.

5.  He hits a streaking Bain, on a go route in the 2nd quarter, Bain possibly scores and the game is suddenly 10-6 USF.

Those passes were defining moments in the game.  PJ hits them and its an entire different ball game, well give him back the obvious slant patern he missed for the 3rd INT that led to USM's final TD when he had a wide ass open Peyton.  The WR's made some mistakes as well, but if PJ makes those passes he's throwing 50% and we win.  Conversely, his fade pass to Peyton in the 3rd quarter was a thing of beauty, so was his slant pattern to him, or our final TD pass to Green.  All things of beauty, he hit Bain on a beautiful out pattern with a defender drapped over him, hits Bain on the numbers.  PJ needs to make the plays, the potential is there because he makes some of his passes but its the ones he missed that killed us, stymied drives.  

Hobbie gave him the opportunity to make plays, and if PJ hits many of those passes suddenly USM must drop more men into coverage, and play sound pass D.  Then Hall gets to go off, and he would have gone off if there wasn't always 8-9 men waiting for him to get the ball.  There is nothing Hobbie can do about that but hope that PJ hits his passes and makes the defense pay.  Again, the positive is PJ made many of the correct reads tonight, the negative is he didn't hit the receivers enough when he made those reads.  I've been Hobbie's biggest critic, I watched him coach in HS, helped a HS team coaching after he left.  But last night was not the coaches fault, it was execution!

Don't even get me started on the defense.  TCU exposed a weakness on our team, its called the safety position.  TCU ran the option on us all night long for some success.  Suddenly USM comes out and runs a ton of option, which isn't their forte, with a ton of success.  What was more frustrating was the success was simply Almond turning up the field and gaining 8-10 yards EVERY FRICKIN TIME!  You want to know what, on option plays its the safeties jobs to cover the pitch man, in particular Javon Camon.  Too often Camon either over-pursued, took too long to get their because he played so deep trying to protect our virgin corners.  As for Danny Verpaele, well hell he didn't even know what the hell he was doing on option plays and was just tackling anyone that had a white jersey on.  The key is to force the QB to pitch, and contain the RB.  When we forced Almond to pitch it was often for a minimal gain, but way to often Camon over-pursued, or his diminutive size never let him shed a blocker, or he was just too late.  That's unacceptable, especially since Danny was also late.  The result, a slow footed QB like Almond gaining almost 50 yards on our defense!

Another problem is our LB's.  All very athletic but they're playing too small, and too shallow.  They're getting blown up by the blockers, and not shedding their blocks.  Nicholas is so athletic, but he's trying to play at 220lbs (if he's that), and he's getting killed inside, ditto for Davis.  These boys need to play deeper, use their hands better, start wrapping up, and hitting the holes LOW, not high, your not going to bring a big back down through the middle with high tackles!  Everyone wants a highlight reel tackle but no one wants to make plays.

Another problem is DL, no one is a consistent pass rusher, now they're great run stoppers but pass rushing forgetaboutit.  Now's the time to give up on the Terrence Royal experiment at DE.  He's never been a good DE, and when Royals was his best at USF was when he played OLB.  Get T to drop his weight, and move him to OLB in front of St. Louis (another guy that doesn't tackle properly).  Royal is a great tackler, and I can promise you he is a nasty hitter.  He was a monster in HS, and early in his career at USF at OLB.  Move him back, it will give us more size on defense in particular at LB, and better tackling.  Plus he can be used to rush the QB as an OLB because Royal is just too weak in the three point stance, he doesn't explode out of the stance, he doesn't get a good jump on the ball, and he takes too long to get in his stance thus never preparing himself for cadence and the rush.  Move him to OLB, you already have Tavarious Robinson, and Woody George showed some good things last night.  If we aren't going to be a great pass rushing team this year then get more size and strength at LB so we can run stop better.  

Oh, and why in the hell is Antonio Warren sitting watching Danny Verpaele play?  All the kid does is make plays when he's on defense and special teams plus he's bigger and faster than Danny.

That's the jist of it.  Last night the coaching staff did a good job, but the players didn't carry it on the field, and didn't make enough plays when called upon.

Guest S. Bien

oh and for those doomsdayers, help is on the way.  I get so excited seeing all 6-3 200lbs of Carlton Williams sitting on the sidelines.  I dream of the day when he and Johnny Jones are patrolling the safety position again.  Verpaele is young, but he is going to get better (and he's definitely faster than Kevin).  Antonio Warren is only a junior.  

Buie is still on course to be here in the spring, and the LB's will improve- Burham, Kravitz, and Rachel will make it happen.  Jenkins looked good in spurts last night, and so did Djuan Brown. CJ Hunnicutt will return to USF.

PJ made most of the right reads last night, and we had two new guards playing in Walt Walker and Mike Miller- both played a great game.   Cray, Chance, and Searcy showed good signs at DT last night actually penetrating quite a bit.

It's not dismal there is just a lot of work to be done to develop this team.  The talent is there, you aren't able to come back down 20-3 to a team as talented and sound as USM without talent.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Antonio is a senior. We came in together in 2000. I think we are giving USM more credit than credit is due. We played lackadasical ball for 40 minutes, and they barely left with a W. USF has a good squad and I expect a W against Louisville on the road.