• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rays wont finish last

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Woohoo! For the first time in the Rays existence, they will not finish last in the AL East, as with 2 games left and a 3 game lead on the Blue Jays, that honor belongs to Toronto. Next year, the Yanks and BoSox go down. Hahahahah! ;D

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

Congrats... baby steps ;)

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

It is baby steps, but its finally progress. Something new to DRays fans. This offseason is huge for the Rays in that they better spend some money or lose even more fans. They've been telling us to wait for the kids, wait for the kids. Well the kids are finally here so spend so money to build around the kids and make this team competitive.  The Rays currently have a team salary of $30 million with about $7 million coming from the Cardinals for Tino.  If they would just up that to about $45, they could build a contender. And that amount isnt out of range for Namoli. The now infamous "Hit Show" team had a team salary of $60 million. There will be a lot of big name free agents this offseason (Mike Lowell, A. Beltre, Pedro, D. Lowe, M. Ordonez, Delgado, etc...) so the Rays could make a steal on some of the midlevel names and pitchers.  Pitchers would be the obvious need and with Pedro, Lowe, Millwood, Milton, Odalis Perez, Benson, Radke, Matt Morris, Woody Williams, Russ Ortiz and Matt Clement  all free agents, the Rays should attempt to grab atleast one.  I think Kazmir, Brazelton and Waechter will all make up a good staff, but having a legit number 1 will allow the kids to continue to develop without heaping all the pressure on them.  I personally would love to see the Rays go after either Milton or Perez (although from what I hear, Radke could be a definite possibility). I just hope it doesnt end up being rejects like an Aaron Sele or the recently signed Todd Ritchie.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

I'm not sold on brazelton yet... but Kazmir is definitely the real deal.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Doesn't like $9M of dead money get freed up from Greg Vaughn now?

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

It is baby steps, but its finally progress. Something new to DRays fans. This offseason is huge for the Rays in that they better spend some money or lose even more fans. They've been telling us to wait for the kids, wait for the kids. Well the kids are finally here so spend so money to build around the kids and make this team competitive.  The Rays currently have a team salary of $30 million with about $7 million coming from the Cardinals for Tino.  If they would just up that to about $45, they could build a contender. And that amount isnt out of range for Namoli. The now infamous "Hit Show" team had a team salary of $60 million. There will be a lot of big name free agents this offseason (Mike Lowell, A. Beltre, Pedro, D. Lowe, M. Ordonez, Delgado, etc...) so the Rays could make a steal on some of the midlevel names and pitchers.  Pitchers would be the obvious need and with Pedro, Lowe, Millwood, Milton, Odalis Perez, Benson, Radke, Matt Morris, Woody Williams, Russ Ortiz and Matt Clement  all free agents, the Rays should attempt to grab atleast one.  I think Kazmir, Brazelton and Waechter will all make up a good staff, but having a legit number 1 will allow the kids to continue to develop without heaping all the pressure on them.  I personally would love to see the Rays go after either Milton or Perez (although from what I hear, Radke could be a definite possibility). I just hope it doesnt end up being rejects like an Aaron Sele or the recently signed Todd Ritchie.

As a Red Sox fan I say please take a long look at D Lowe. Would love to see him remain in our division.