• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Washington got shafted...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I disagree.  The QB threw the ball about 30 feet in the air.  We counted the hang time on it at 4.2 seconds.  Some punts aren't in the air that long!

It clearly violates the rule.  The call didn't lose the game for them, the blocked PAT did.  They should be able to make a 35 yd centered PAT.

I agree that it sucks. A freshman QB made a mistake, but the Washington blockers lost that game, not the refs.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

no they didnt

the rule is crystal clear and player violated it

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

no they didnt

Yes, but it is a bad rule.  They were losing, seconds left.  And he scores the winning touchdown, he was stoked and never once taunted even looked at another opponent. 

no they didnt

Yes, but it is a bad rule.  They were losing, seconds left.  And he scores the winning touchdown, he was stoked and never once taunted even looked at another opponent. 

You wouldn't be disappointed if after every touchdown players would throw the ball behind them 30 feet in the air?

• Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

Agreed...it was a rule...he broke the rule and got the perscribed penalty. That being said...we might as well just have robots doing the officiating because there is a difference between the letter of the rule and a human being deciphering that this one play was clearly not in violation of the spirit of that rule which is to prevent "taunting". There is a difference between sheer jubilation and trying to rile up your opponent. If that were USF...we'd be pi$$ed as all hell.

Agreed...it was a rule...he broke the rule and got the perscribed penalty. That being said...we might as well just have robots doing the officiating because there is a difference between the letter of the rule and a human being deciphering that this one play was clearly not in violation of the spirit of that rule which is to prevent "taunting". There is a difference between sheer jubilation and trying to rile up your opponent. If that were USF...we'd be pi$$ed as all hell.

Yeah, at Grothe for throwing the ball in the air like an idiot, and then at the special teams for not blocking for a game tying 35 yard PAT attempt.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Wow, I can only gather that most of you think that:

A: It is a good rule no matter if it is taunting or not.

B: That all rules should be called exactly as they are written.

There is a lot of difference between someone taunting, and someone being jubilant. Also there is a very big difference in blocking for a 35 Yd PAT than there is for a 20 Yd PAT. Look at our kicking game, we make PAT's, but we don't usually make FG's.

Wow, I can only gather that most of you think that:

A: It is a good rule no matter if it is taunting or not.

B: That all rules should be called exactly as they are written.

There is a lot of difference between someone taunting, and someone being jubilant. Also there is a very big difference in blocking for a 35 Yd PAT than there is for a 20 Yd PAT. Look at our kicking game, we make PAT's, but we don't usually make FG's.

I don't think the players shouldn't be allowed to show emotion, but in the case of this incident I think the proper call was made.  The kid literally threw the ball 30 feet in the air.  30 FEET!

A 30 foot throw would go above a 3 story building. 

I liked how they kept showing the replay on ESPN, but never managed to get the shot where you actually see how high the ball was thrown.  Just the zoomed in shot where it looks like a little toss.  Well, it wasn't a little toss.

Archived