• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Check out what fell on my backyard...

Mag Pie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Yeah, I called the City, it's a no go.  Was told to call the insurance...ugh.

I'm pretty sure we'll just have to get some chainsaws, some friends and uncles so they can cut it up, we'll cook some food, have some beer...Hispanics always find a reason to throw a party  ;D.

PS: Now I'm paranoid about the other trees around the house...

Call your insurance.  They could give you money to buy chainsaws or might even give you cash to get the tree hauled away.  If they do it'll give you the capital to throw the tree cutting party.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

And then they'll take away your insurance due to making a claim (fla. insurance sucks).

::)

• Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

And then they'll take away your insurance due to making a claim (fla. insurance sucks).

Take the insurance away?  That's a joke right?  I've never dealt with this type of thing before...

• Content Count:  1,479

Take the insurance away?  That's a joke right?  I've never dealt with this type of thing before...

They might cancel you for making a certain number of claims, and in Florida maybe even for just 1.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Yep, that is for real.  Now I don't know if this claim would "scare" them into canceling you... but i have heard of many companies warning of canceling after the first claim and cancelling after the 2nd claim, even if the claim is only for 1000 dollars or less.

A coworker of mine had the same company for 20+ years, and the same agent, and file her first claim 2 years ago, and the agent told her if she made one more claim, they'd cancel her.

And then no one would take you on and you'd be stuck with the state insurance (citizen's) which is triple the cost.

Basically, you want to save your "1" claim for a disaster.. at least that is the impression I get from other people's trouble.

• Content Count:  573

If you don't have pick up service, you can haul it yourself in a pickup to a yard waste facility.  I used to take mine to the Northwest County facility on West Linebaugh Ave near the Veterans.

Archived