• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question about a major....

SattyBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

As a prospective undergrad student for next year, I have a question about a major. I was wondering if there is such a thing as Sports Management, or something related, at USF. I've looked online but haven't been able to find anything that fits what I'm looking for. I would imagine that USF would provide great resources for this major due to it's location since there are so many major and minor league teams strung along the Gulf coast and would open up some opportunities for internships, etc.  I can't imagine the major university in Tampa would not have something geared towards sports.

My brother in law just graduated from USF's graduate school and said that they may not list it online but it may be an option to specialize in Sports, while going for a generic business/management degree. Any help on this one guys?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I have no idea, but you could try calling the school and asking.  They would certainly know.

Just call the genral Tampa Campus line and ask around 813-974-2011

I have no idea, but you could try calling the school and asking.  They would certainly know.

Just call the genral Tampa Campus line and ask around 813-974-2011

Thanks. I'll probably give them a call after the hurricane hoopla settles down in a couple of days.

Anyone else with some help?

• Content Count:  98

There's no Sports Management program at USF.  Check with College of Business and see if they can craft a program that meets your needs. 813-974-4290

There's no Sports Management program at USF.  Check with College of Business and see if they can craft a program that meets your needs. 813-974-4290

Very surprised to say the least but thanks for the response and help. I'll give the school a call in a few days to see if there's a way I could still focus on it if USF is where I end up.

• Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

As far as I know, USF does not have a sport management program. 

As an alum of Saint Leo University, I'd have to recommend their program.  I went to USF for 2 years and didn't do so hot academically.  Found out Saint Leo had this program, and did very well.  It's a small campus, but Tampa isn't that far away.  See the link below for any information and feel free to message me if you have any questions.

http://www.saintleo.edu/SaintLeo/Templates/Inner.aspx?durki=564&pid=564

As an alum of Saint Leo University, I'd have to recommend their program.  I went to USF for 2 years and didn't do so hot academically.  Found out Saint Leo had this program, and did very well.  It's a small campus, but Tampa isn't that far away.  See the link below for any information and feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Have you graduated?  If so what are you doing with it?

• Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

Yes I have, just this past May.  Since January I have been interning with the Brevard County Manatees minor league baseball club.  I'll be done over here in a little over a week and will being the job hunt once baseball season is over.  In fact, I've sent resumes to two teams so far.

Yes I have, just this past May.  Since January I have been interning with the Brevard County Manatees minor league baseball club.  I'll be done over here in a little over a week and will being the job hunt once baseball season is over.  In fact, I've sent resumes to two teams so far.

Cool, good luck with the job search!

It only took me ....uhh... 6 months...  to find a job... :-\

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

unfortunately sports management is a more difficult degree to find from what I know about it...definately not something offered at USF and also the type of concentration that I'd think is more likely to occur at the graduate level than at undergrad. USF does have an excellent college of Business from which my brother and I both got our degrees and you're right that tampa has a lot of opportunities for internships with sports franchises if you can afford to work for nothing as most of these internships are unpaid.

Archived