• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Forget the Heidi Game...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866
  • Days Won:  0

This one might forever be known in Bulls lore as the Jeanne game!  Perhaps the "Direct TV Issued Everyone A Refund" game.  Or, hopefully, "Pat Julmiste's Coming Out Party!"  Everyone say a prayer his knee is OK.  

Was at Banana Joe's when the feed went out with mostly students... and they immediately started a chant that involved our beloved team's nickname and excrement.  We we're watching the Game Plan feed, and couldn't believe it when we switched over and ABC was doing hurricane coverage.  

Oh yeah, I believe the Bulls are still undefeated in overtime (which I don't think was mentioned on the TV broadcast).  Very similar win to the ECU game last year, with the botched extra point in OT (and I think we missed that one because of no TV coverage too):).  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

**** C-USA refs

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i was watching tv when nbc switched to heidi

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

The Heidi Award, Part II – Once again, the buffoon(s) who operates the channel programming for ESPN GamePlan screwed us (or maybe it was just me) out of an exciting finish to a thrilling overtime game. Remember Sept. 4 when all folks outside the Southeast were screwed out of the Wake/Clemson overtime classic?. … Were any of you on the edge of your seat (AGAIN!) waiting for TCU’s second possession of overtime against the USF defense, when, “blip!â€Â, the feed goes blank – GamePlan is “Off the Airâ€Â. Simply fascinating. You don’t know whether to cry or jab a pencil into your eye (for the second time). At this point, you have to be convinced that there’s someone up above who just likes f’in’ with you on a weekly basis. You’re a simple folk. You don’t ask for much. But when you’ve been glued to a particular game for 2 hours (admit it, you weren’t glued to the game until, at least, the start of the fourth quarter), you expect to see the end of it. Un-freakin’-real.

From CFN

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433

ESPN regional only had a 4 hour block to air the game. Once they tried to get it back on the air, the game was over.  Yes it sucked pretty bad, as i was at Bannana Joe's with usfcollin, but there was no way to predict what happend. Hopefully we cna take care of bussiness in regulation!

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

i was listening on the radio over the internet and heard the end.  For a while I listened to the TCU broadcast.  Here's a site I found that points to many broadcasts (but strangely enough not ours)

http://www.penguinradio.com/sports/football/college/index.php

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Jeanne Bowl Prevents Viewers From Watching USF's Victory

FORT WORTH, Texas - Pro football had the Heidi Bowl. In the college ranks, South Florida now has the Jeanne Bowl.

Television viewers missed the final two plays of USF's 45-44 double-overtime victory at TCU because the satellite feed provided by ESPN Regional was terminated. Trailing 45-38, TCU was on USF's 16 with a fourth-and-1 when ESPN Regional was unable to extend its four-hour satellite block, ending the broadcast of the game.

Viewers missed TCU quarterback Brandon Hassell's 16- yard touchdown run and then TCU's botched extra-point attempt. Without the game feed, WFTS, Channel 28 switched to coverage of Hurricane Jeanne and received about 1,000 complaints, a Channel 28 spokesman said.

The production company tried to extend the satellite time but couldn't because of a number of reasons, ESPN Regional general manager Chris Lahey said.

``The timing made this miserable,'' Lahey said.

A replay of the game will be broadcast at a time to be determined later this week, USF associate AD Tom Veit said.

Brett McMurphy

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGBIEIK0MZD.html