• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Swimsuits vs Steroids???

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

at the end of the records are made to be broken but when you have something like 50 world records getting broken in a 6 month span since this new suit came out...i see a pattern...and that pattern is directly related to this new piece of equipment

If this is true, thats pretty drastic.  

other equipment has gradually gotten better but not at this rate

i dont know the exact number but this is a clip from the article that i linked up top (it was from May 28th so doesnt include anything in the olympics)

"Since Speedo introduced the LZR Racer to the elite swimming world in February, 37 world records have been eclipsed by athletes wearing the suit Speedo has spent more than three years - and millions of dollars - designing and perfecting. "

so that was from Fed to May.  and EVERY swimming event that i have watched so far on t he olympics has been a new world record.  and its not just by a little bit.  on the relay race the other night the team that finished in 6th place broke the old world record....

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Now the real question is at what rate were swimming records broken before the suit.  Without this info the discussion is kinda incomplete. 

Now the real question is at what rate were swimming records broken before the suit.  Without this info the discussion is kinda incomplete. 

never like that...come on.  i remember when breaking a "world record" happened maybe 5 or 6 times during the WHOLE olympics, across all events

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

never like that...come on.  i remember when breaking a "world record" happened maybe 5 or 6 times during the WHOLE olympics, across all events

who is breaking all the records?  Just phelps or everyone?

37 is a lot.  What is this stuff dolphin skin?

who is breaking all the records?  Just phelps or everyone?

37 is a lot.  What is this stuff dolphin skin?

everyone, women included.  and yes, it pretty much is equal to dolphin skin.

on a side note...id much rather watch swimmers with rockets strapped to their backs then men's gymnastics on that pummel horse thing or whatever they call it.  this is by far the worst thing.

Swimming records fall regularly.  We are operating at info deficiency for this particular discussion.  We need a link to the swimming record books to get a real good look at this.     

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_records_in_swimming

most of those records are POST-suit.  im going to bed now.  i gotta get up for work at 645 so i dont really have time to go thru them all but i see a lot of records from 2008.  and i imagine we will see more as more swimming events happen.

most of those records are POST-suit.  im going to bed now.  i gotta get up for work at 645 so i dont really have time to go thru them all but i see a lot of records from 2008.  and i imagine we will see more as more swimming events happen.

ehh even with that we are still lacking a bit.  The best way to get a accurate look at this would be a top 10 times per event so we can see the regularity at which the records were broken pre suit. 

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The main difference is steroids are illegal.

Archived