• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nady and Marte have been traded.....

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

Bottom line, it will be a huge mistake if they don't make some move for a bat.  If they are banking on Baldelli making a late season comeback then they are in trouble.  Just look how bad the offense has been.  They are struggling against the crappy royals pitching.  

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  526

ROFL @ Nady being the Answer.  He's a dude who is having a great season but the numbers don't add up to everything else he's done in his career.  Basically he could fall off at any moment and it wouldn't surprise me in the least (a shift of scenery and a new locker room could very easily trigger this).  The Rays should trade for a more talented and more proven hitter than Nady IMO.  

Well to me any guy thats batting .330 is a good get.  Maybe he'll cool off at the end of the season but they still got him and Marte for peanuts.  Here are some numbers on the 4 guys they gave away.

Ohlendorf was 1-1 with a 6.53 ERA in 25 games with the Yankees this season. He was demoted June 27, and had a 1-1 record with a 4.03 ERA in five starts with Class AAA Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

Tabata, Kontos and Coke all were with Class AA Trenton. Tabata was batting .248 with three homers entering last night, Coke was 9-4 with a 2.60 ERA and Kontos was 3-9 with a 3.77 ERA.

Yankees Acquire Nady, Marte From the Pirates

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Rays should go after Tex... HE is the answer.  Instant POP into the lineup, and a gold glove caliber first baseman

As i've expressed here several times i'm in total agreement.  Hes a switch hitting power hitter who hits lefties well and has been very consistent so far in his career and he's about to enter his prime years.  They rays should give some pitching to the pitching starved braves system and and ink Tex for the long term.  BJ, CC, Tex, and Longo would be one hell of an offensive nucleus.  Also add in that inking Tex to a big money contract would signal to the Bay area that the rays are in this for real and could lead to a huge boost in support.  Tex would give the rays a hitter capable of producing Penas year last year every year.    

Rays should go after Tex... HE is the answer.  Instant POP into the lineup, and a gold glove caliber first baseman

although i would like having Tex on the rays i just dont see that happening.  If they are gonna go BIG TIME on the trade market id rather it be Matt Holliday or Jason Bay.

I love holliday but his numbers away from coors worry me. 

• Content Count:  12,293

Well, nady was the last chance the rays had to make the playoffs.  Freedman has no balls.

ROFL @ Nady being the Answer.  He's a dude who is having a great season but the numbers don't add up to everything else he's done in his career.  Basically he could fall off at any moment and it wouldn't surprise me in the least (a shift of scenery and a new locker room could very easily trigger this).  The Rays should trade for a more talented and more proven hitter than Nady IMO.  

yes his numbers this year are better then at any point in his career...(you can say that for pretty much anyone who is putting up the numbers he is this year)  but the fact is..the yankees didnt pay for the kinda numbers he is putting up this year.  and the rays wouldnt of either.  Nady is a CAREER .320 hitter vs LHP.  i wish we would of gotten him.  specially with Marte.  The yankees were able to keep their top 2 prospects (which are equal to our #7 or 8 guys) so if you were to say that we could trade our #7 and #8 prospects and some other guys who might never pan out...for Nady and Marte i would love to do that.

• Content Count:  12,293

although i would like having Tex on the rays i just dont see that happening.  If they are gonna go BIG TIME on the trade market id rather it be Matt Holliday or Jason Bay.

coors isnt what it was back in the larry walker, dante bichette, vinny castilla years....

have you looked at Hollidays numbers on the road?  Not bad at all.  granted about 98% of the players will have better numbers at home...coors or not.  its just the comfort factor.  you are use to the batters eye, you sleep in your own bed, you can to the ballpark by yourself in your normal routine.

Holliday would rake at the Trop too.

Well to me any guy thats batting .330 is a good get.  Maybe he'll cool off at the end of the season but they still got him and Marte for peanuts.  Here are some numbers on the 4 guys they gave away.

Ohlendorf was 1-1 with a 6.53 ERA in 25 games with the Yankees this season. He was demoted June 27, and had a 1-1 record with a 4.03 ERA in five starts with Class AAA Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

Tabata, Kontos and Coke all were with Class AA Trenton. Tabata was batting .248 with three homers entering last night, Coke was 9-4 with a 2.60 ERA and Kontos was 3-9 with a 3.77 ERA.

Yankees Acquire Nady, Marte From the Pirates

Tabata is only 19 and has pretty good potential.  The others are meh at best but i still wouldn't bank any teams future on Nady who has been aight so far as a MLB player and is 30 and just having his first good season.  

coors isnt what it was back in the larry walker, dante bichette, vinny castilla years....

have you looked at Hollidays numbers on the road?  Not bad at all.  granted about 98% of the players will have better numbers at home...coors or not.  its just the comfort factor.  you are use to the batters eye, you sleep in your own bed, you can to the ballpark by yourself in your normal routine.

Holliday would rake at the Trop too.

Hoilliday's career numbers

Split          G  GS    PA    AB    R    H  2B  3B  HR  RBI  BB  IBB  SO  HBP  SH  SF ROE GDP  SB  CS  BA  OBP  SLG  OPS  BAbip tOPS+

Home          334  324  1407  1256  265  459 100  16  81  294  117  9  210  28  0  6  14  36  23  8  .365  .429  .664 1.093  .389  130

Away          311  304  1325  1196  167  331  75  7  39  161  106  6  251  15  1  7  12  35  28  8  .277  .341  .449  .790  .320    68

All of his offensive numbers drop significantly away from coors. 

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I'd take Tex over Bay or Holliday.  He brings more offensively and defensively.

The key though is signing him and not making it a 2 month rental.  Gonna have to open your checkbooks... big time.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

they have no one to blame but themselves

they should have signed bonds

the timid and weak rarely achieve anything in sports

Archived