• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flugtag

Economics_Nerd82

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

My favorite was the USF team....although they didnt do much of a skit. They even had a pic of Coach Leavitt on their "aircraft". I met them in the hangar area before, really nice seemed to be hardcore Bulls fans. And there was even a USF chant going right before they flew. And they went further or about the same distance as the team of UCiF aerospace engineers. lol

I agree about it getting a little boring after awhile, they should probably cap it at 25-30 teams. And w/ it being so hot I had to go into the Convention Center to cool off and get something to eat for awhile, but I still had a great time. btw, they estimated the crowd to be 100,000.

• Content Count:  2,307

I agree about it getting a little boring after awhile, they should probably cap it at 25-30 teams. And w/ it being so hot I had to go into the Convention Center to cool off and get something to eat for awhile, but I still had a great time. btw, they estimated the crowd to be 100,000.

Yeah, I still don't buy that.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

I thought it totally sucked! I have never seen such an event run so poorly!!!!

• Content Count:  1,297

It was OK..........I think the heat killed it for me.  We got there three hrs early to get a good spot, then watch about 5 floats go over and left - the heat was just too much.  By the time I made it to the Rays game, and to the MC concert.....who was horrible by the way.......I was starting to fall asleep at the concert.  Long day.  But man, the paper est 100K around the Flugtag event.  Awesome turn out.

• Content Count:  509

no complaints about flugtag here.  fun time.  an absolute blast.  I couldn't believe there were people, spectators not flying groups, jumping into and swimming in the bay.  I guess when you gotta go, you gotta go.

and how about tampa representing.  the organizer's expected 50,000 in attendance, we blow away expectations and turn out 110,000!!!  and send 30,000 text messages for fan favorite.  new North American records both.  you give Tampa a reason to party, we're gonna party.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I thought the amount of people and the good excuse to be outside drinking was a lot of fun.  But the contest was kind of boring.  I ended up drinking in Jacksons and didnt even really pay attention after about 5 flights. 

I never seen so many hot girls sweat as bad as me and make it look good. 

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

The event would have been great had the turn around time between flights had been shorter. But, that's the kind of thing they have to clean up before anything can happen.

• Content Count:  639

I thought the amount of people and the good excuse to be outside drinking was a lot of fun.  But the contest was kind of boring.  I ended up drinking in Jacksons and didnt even really pay attention after about 5 flights. 

I never seen so many hot girls sweat as bad as me and make it look good. 

It was just another excuse to party during the day, I had a lot of fun, plenty of scenery

Archived