• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Best players never to win a world series

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

1B - ???

2B - ???

SS - Ernie Banks

3B - Ron Santo

OF - Andre Dawson

OF - Tony Gwynn

OF - Ted Williams

C- Carlton Fisk

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

1b willie mcCovey

your list is filled with great players from the losers: boston and cubs

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Where's Barry Bonds?  I can't remember seeing any other hitter get more respect from the opposing pitchers. (I've watched since early 70's).  Maybe Ryne Sandberg for 2B.  Thanks for the mention of Willie Mc, one of the most beloved sports figures in No.California.

willie mac gave me many thrills as a kid

misson you from cali?

of course bonds. he is better than any outfielder mentioned

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I was born in Fla. but lived out west a # of years growing up.  Monterey, Pittsburg, and Alameda, Ca.  I also lived in Az and  could follow the bay area teams at night esp. the Giants games on KNBR 68 (now 680).  It is ironic that I grew up rooting for USF basketball (San Francisco) and ended up going to USF South Florida. Both the green and gold!  My parents also lived in Dana Point for a # of years so I visted often.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

I agree that Bonds should be on the list but I beg to differ that he is better then Teddy Ballgame. Remeber that Teddy left a few prime years on the table when he went and flew jets during the war not once but twice! There has never been a better hitter then Teddy.  I bet some Yankme fans would argue for Don Mattingly at 1B though I say he was way over rated.  

bonds isn't even pitched to most of the time and when he is he has produced monster numbers

imagine if they pitched too him like ted?

teams have changed they way they play game with bonds as opposed to any other player EVER

I agree to a certain extent. Ted was a guy that did not swing at a bad pitch. The umps used to never call Ted out looking as they figured if he didnt swing it must have been a ball.

ted Williams, 2 triple crowns, 6 time batting champ, 4 time HR leader, 4 time rbi leader, 6 time leader in total bases, 8 time leader in base on balls, 8 time slugging pct leader, 12 time on base pct leader.  Played in 140+ games 8 times in career.  Only 8 times had over 500 AB's,  Missed three full seasons while fighting in WWII and those were his PRIME seasons 1943-1945.  Missed more then half of 4 other seaons.  Walked over 136 times in a season 7 times and walked over 100 times  11 times and 96 and 98 in other seasons.  Struck out 64 times as a rookie and never struck out more then 54 times in a year ever after that.  I will check Barry "Stereroids" Bonds numbers  now.

Barry has also had one hell of a career. I cant find a link to show what he has led league in but obviously he had many more SB's then Teddy. He has struck out a lot more and has tons of walks also like Teddy.  I will say that in Ted's career his hat size did not triple like Barrys head did. I am not saying that Barry is a roid case but it is ironic that he has a giant macy day balloon sized head now and when he was a rookie he had a little peanut sized head. Maybe he somehow lifts weights with his head?

most of barry's walk's are intentional