• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Digital Cable Question

80mins

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

I'm considering (read: pretty much already made up my mind) adding the Sports and Games package to my digital cable (Time Warner in Piedmont Triad, NC, if that makes any difference). A few of the channels it adds are college sports--Fox College Sports Atlantic, Central, and Pacific, and CBS College Sports. For folks who have these channels, dose this add any opportunities to see the Bulls in action? Have there been games (any season, any sport) you can catch on one of them that you can't otherwise catch on TV?

• Content Count:  5,241

Id say dont do it unless your an addict.

Im not and it was a waste of money for a good year. All the usf stuff is on ABC and all the ESPN channels

• Content Count:  2,363

Id say dont do it unless your an addict.

Im not and it was a waste of money for a good year. All the usf stuff is on ABC and all the ESPN channels

Thanks for the info. Just to clarify--did you find it a waste of $ all around, or just with regards to USF stuff? Because I'm interested in it just for more sports, and specifically college sports content as a fan in general but I've certainly got a vested interest in there being additional content for my alma mater(s).

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

personally, i like the digital cable (high def and regular)... I don't have any sports pak add ons, don't really see a need for those, even for USF related stuff. 

I am a documentary buff... so Nat. Geographic, Discovery, discovery health, are all channels I watch regularly... (and they are usually superb in HD... see the Planet Earth or Blue planet series for  good examples)

To me, it is well worth the extra few bucks, and not having a 2 year contract is nice. 

Archived